Thread: 3" Inch 9mm Carry Loads?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I don't have any definitive info on this, but I do recall one of the Winchester engineers speaking about a widened expansion window being a feature of their updated Ranger-T line, to address this very issue..

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Phila PD View Post
    Surprising that there is not more official testing by major departments or the FBI that allow the use of small barreled back up guns on duty.

Now many say that the 147gr maybe a good choice but I have always been a "Show Me" type of person that likes to see solid, reliable testing results before making a defensive ammunition choice.

Would anyone know what the expansion window velocity wise for the Federal HST 147gr loading is?
    That's exactly why I ask. I am a "show me" type of person and there seems to be no clear answer to this question in sight, I've been looking pretty hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kowalski View Post
    I don't have any definitive info on this, but I do recall one of the Winchester engineers speaking about a widened expansion window being a feature of their updated Ranger-T line, to address this very issue..
    But just how wide is that window. I bought a case of 127gr +P+, I think I may have to dedicate a box to some testing. I think that it will yield good results. I'm just, again, a "show me" type of person.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by viperashes View Post
    That's exactly why I ask. I am a "show me" type of person and there seems to be no clear answer to this question in sight, I've been looking pretty hard.

But just how wide is that window. I bought a case of 127gr +P+, I think I may have to dedicate a box to some testing. I think that it will yield good results. I'm just, again, a "show me" type of person.
    That +P+ loading in a small light weight pistol is going to be a handful, please post a review once you have a chance to do so.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Phila PD View Post
    That +P+ loading in a small light weight pistol is going to be a handful, please post a review once you have a chance to do so.
    Will do. It should be a couple of weeks before I get to. I'll do some side-by-side comparison with some other types of ammo too.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by viperashes View Post
    Will do. It should be a couple of weeks before I get to. I'll do some side-by-side comparison with some other types of ammo too.
    Viperashes,

Did you ever get a chance to test out the different loads?

Thanks!