Thread: Is 3x magnifier the standard?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    Overall though, I wasn't sure just how much close a 3x magnifier would bring things. I guess shooting at 100 yards with a magnifier would give a similar sight picture as a target at 33 yards without a magnifier?

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snareman View Post
    Overall though, I wasn't sure just how much close a 3x magnifier would bring things. I guess shooting at 100 yards with a magnifier would give a similar sight picture as a target at 33 yards without a magnifier?
    Yep! (That and it makes the dot brighter, I usually had to turn it down 1 or 2 notches)

Again, if your PRIMARY usage is going to be taking to the range and laying it on a bench shooting at 100 yards. You aren't using the RDS for it's intended usage. You will be MUCH happier with a magnified optic of some sort. And there is nothing wrong with that at all.

If you are planning on using this rifle for self defense and are planning on taking courses with it, then stick with the RDS just don't expect it to be a bench rest optic and don't try to make it one. You will spend more money and still not get what you expect.