Page 3 of 121 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do Today to Prepare?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by QuietShootr View Post
    I posted separately on this...but I would really start getting my shit in one sock if I were you. And by you, I mean everybody here.
    Please elaborate

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by QuietShootr View Post
    I posted separately on this...but I would really start getting my shit in one sock if I were you. And by you, I mean everybody here.
    ????? I do not get it.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Today in preparation for a SHTF scenario I finished my list of Preppers within a 20 mile radius.

Tomorrow I work on detailed plans of how to get into each of the Prepper's homes and leave discreetly with all their supplies.

I KID! I KID!

I am starting to get more into prepping though. Just an overall bad feeling about things lately. Great information in this thread. Nicely done, Dave.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve S. View Post
    Great information in this thread. Nicely done, Dave.
    Thanks bro,
    I'm about 175 miles from you (driving distance); if you have to bug out to my place, you better bring stuff to barter with
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave L. View Post
    Thanks bro,
    I'm about 175 miles from you (driving distance); if you have to bug out to my place, you better bring stuff to barter with
    Will my stunning good looks and endless supply of terrible jokes cut it? Maybe I should start stocking up some barter goods - just to play it safe. :-)

That actually brings up a good point and one I've been thinking more about lately then anything else in regards to preparation. Who do you look out for? As I start mapping out my very crude list of survival items - I'm starting to realize I would have to turn people away.

For example. I have 30 days worth of supplies for my wife and myself (theoretically - I'm very early in this). If the "turds hit the Hampton Bay" while I'm working - do I take care of my employees? What about my brothers and parents in the area? What if friends show up? The ugly truth is I'd probably be forced to turn people away that couldn't contribute.

I could see friends and family who looked at people like us as the "gun / conspiracy theory weirdos" all of a sudden banging on our doors.

Not sure if there's a thread on this - but what is everyone elses thoughts on the issue? Maybe I'm just being a cold hearted asshole?

I like the tips in this thread outside of the beans, bullets, and band-aids. For example, I'm bad about keeping a full tank of gas. Never really thought about why it would be important. Should have been obvious though. I'll be reading a lot more in these threads. Good stuff.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Lightbulb

That actually brings up a good point and one I've been thinking more about lately then anything else in regards to preparation. Who do you look out for? As I start mapping out my very crude list of survival items - I'm starting to realize I would have to turn people away.

For example. I have 30 days worth of supplies for my wife and myself (theoretically - I'm very early in this). If the "turds hit the Hampton Bay" while I'm working - do I take care of my employees? What about my brothers and parents in the area? What if friends show up? The ugly truth is I'd probably be forced to turn people away that couldn't contribute.

I could see friends and family who looked at people like us as the "gun / conspiracy theory weirdos" all of a sudden banging on our doors.

Not sure if there's a thread on this - but what is everyone elses thoughts on the issue? Maybe I'm just being a cold hearted asshole?
    Momma always said you will find out who your true friends are. . .

We discuss it on page two of this thread.
    http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=86442

Cold hearted asshole? Nah, I like to think of myself as an amoral survivalists.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    Will my stunning good looks and endless supply of terrible jokes cut it? Maybe I should start stocking up some barter goods - just to play it safe. :-)

I like the tips in this thread outside of the beans, bullets, and band-aids. For example, I'm bad about keeping a full tank of gas. Never really thought about why it would be important. Should have been obvious though. I'll be reading a lot more in these threads. Good stuff.
    It comes with the field of being prepared. When you bring the subject of prepping up with other people who don't prep, they'll say "well I'll crash at your place then." To that you should say "Bring a good center-fire semi-auto rifle, a thousand rounds of ammo, a first aid/CPR certification, the knowledge of how to cook one good meal, and three months of food. Then I'll consider it."

This will A.) get the idea out of their head, they'll think nothing of it, forget you ever talked about it.
    B.) They'll seriously look at the concept of preparation and self-reliance for themselves, and eventually become a valuable ally to you.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    Momma always said you will find out who your true friends are. . .

We discuss it on page two of this thread.
    http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=86442

Cold hearted asshole? Nah, I like to think of myself as an amoral survivalists.
    Yea I seen that last night. I'm weird in that I usually read the OP then read a thread backwards. With all the thread revivals and constant changes to the market - it seems like the good information is usually towards the end of the threads.

It got me thinking though. That basically makes us the "bad guys" in the zombie movies who refuse to let people in. :-) It would be hard to turn away loved ones. But even God told Moses to only take two of each animal. Tough times means tough decisions.

"Amoral survivalist". I like that. Nicely played.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Dave,

If I bug out to your place - we should probably work out a way to let you know it's me. Because I'm sure you'll see me with your Barrett before I'll see you.

I hear getting hit with .50 Browning Machine Gun bullets can really put a damper on your day...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Sawyer Filter

Does anyone have any experience with the Sawyer PointONE filters? I purchased one that looked like a decent deal, but I'm still waiting for delivery. 0.1 microns should be good filtration, better than the .2 microns of conventional hiking filters. They sell different kits with just the filter and hose, or one complete with the bucket and drill bit needed to attach the unit. They also make one that costs about twice as much that filters down to 0.02 microns, but I decided that if it didn't filter out chemicals then the smaller micron size wasn't a big concern. Additionally, I have a MIoX filter for on the go, and usually carry some coffee filters with it for turbid water. I almost (and should have) bought a second so I could test it out and take camping with me...short-sighted savings of $50.

Page 3 of 121 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast