Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hiking Shoes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Another Merrell MOAB recommendation here. I have a pair with over 2k miles on them that still have life. That Vibram rubber is great! I semi retired that pair (it’s in my get home bag) and replaced it with another pair of MOABs.

Feedback Score
    Kennetrek here, Mountain Guide Insulated. And agreed that the Salomons are as good as it gets for lightweight, warmer weather.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I like my Salomon Speedcross 4's for trails where I'm either running or not too worried about rolling my ankles. For ankle support and tougher hiking I have a pair of Asolo FSN 95 GTX's that have been rock solid.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    La Sportiva, Merrel, Asolo, Vasque
    These are some that have worked well for me. Also sight below has some killer deals from time to time/.

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    The best all around shoe I have ever worn, from Iraq and Afghanistan to wearing around town, was the Merrell Chameleon Stretch I. I don't think they are made any more, but I know you can occasionally find new pairs on the internet.

Unfortunately, after almost 3 years, they are now my lawn mowing shoes.

"Make friends with pain, and you will never be alone."

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I wear the Merrell MOAB's in warm weather and have a pair of Scarpa Kailash's that are Gore-Tex lined for cold weather.

My feet sweat too much for Gore-Tex lined boots in the summer.

Feedback Score
    9 (91%)
    Just got some Wellco 950 Mountain Combat Hikers. I prolly should have gotten a half size smaller, but I dig the hell out of them so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I tried the Keen Voyageur but they were too wide for my feet. The heel box was so wide that my heel wiggled around and blistered easily. Next up was Merrell Moabs. Perfect fit for my narrow feet - they felt like custom deigned for me. I accidentally got the waterproof version so they're pretty hot when the weather is above 80F. I actually prefer breathable mesh in the wet so if they fill up during a river crossing they will squish out while walking. Waterproof boots hold the water in and require removal and emptying - a real pain which holds everybody back.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388001234.782877.jpgI love the Salomon quest 4D GTX. I have two pairs and rotate them daily. I replaced my Oakleys with them. The only downside, for me, is that Oakley or 5.11 boots were all black and I could get away with look professional wearing them and some Vertex pants then walk out of office to range or trail and be good to go.

Feedback Score
    I had an OLD pair of Merrills that lasted forever...
    My current pair of Garmont GTX's have seen a ton of use over the last two years, for the price I wouldnt hesitate buying another pair.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast