Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hiking Shoes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Bringing this back -

I am looking for a shoe like the MOAB but does not fall apart like the MOAB. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Patagonia Drifter A/C

edited....apparently Patagonia got out of the footwear market and I didn't get the memo. That sucks because I would have grabbed another pair had I known...
    Last edited by 99superduty; 01-19-16 at 19:16.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sammage View Post
    Merrell Moabs have served me well. Ventilated, not too hot, almost like wearing a sneaker.

+ 1 MOAB

I also use the MOAB. I go backpacking about once a month and I carry a pack, 2 man tent, sleeping bag, extra socks, extra underwear, extra shirts, etc etc etc. My pack weight is around 35lbs. I have zero issues with the MOAB. I live in Virginia and hike in the mountains, but even still my merrell's hold up and my feet are extremely comfortable with a good pair of smart wool socks, or REI wool socks.
    Noel A. Robleto
    Instructor / Owner
    Virginia Tactical
    noel@virginia-tactical.com
    703-439-9321

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Lots of options out there. I'm a fan of Merrells and have several variations for temp and activity. My daily wears are the Radius, low or mid. The Moab Ventilators are very light, breathe well, and are super comfortable. Also available in both low and mid height.

I wore my Merrells doing the FL tourist thing last year. Lots and lots of walking, and my feet were GTG.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaTactical View Post
    + 1 MOAB

I also use the MOAB. I go backpacking about once a month and I carry a pack, 2 man tent, sleeping bag, extra socks, extra underwear, extra shirts, etc etc etc. My pack weight is around 35lbs. I have zero issues with the MOAB. I live in Virginia and hike in the mountains, but even still my merrell's hold up and my feet are extremely comfortable with a good pair of smart wool socks, or REI wool socks.
    +1

My backpacking loadout is usually 25 lbs (summer) and 30 lbs (winter). I have blown through 3 pairs of MOABs, and they are my favorite all around shoe. The original insole is lacking IMO, so I always use Superfeet.

I like Salamon for wet weather or treks where you know you will be crossing a lot of water. I have wet-out both Merrell and Salamon and never got a blister on high-mile days. The Merrells are pretty heavy when they are completely wet-out.

In the end, it is your foot.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Give a look at Inov8 roclite series here http://www.inov-8.com/Products.asp?PG=PG1&L=27 I have been wearing the 295's for about a year and love everything about them. Light, breathable, and comfortable on the long hikes.

Salomon's are also great I wore them for years but just recently switched. I dont like goretex (makes my feet too hot) but they do have the Salomon XA pro 3D ultra in non goretex. Always very comfortable on the long hikes.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Vibram Five-fingers Treksports for me! Getting ready for an 85 mile trip and that is all I'll be wearing. Heavy hiking shoes are a thing of the past.
    http://www.pho-tac.com/
    Capturing the Essence of Tactical Reality

Feedback Score
    i use a Arrowood Evo, a bit fashionable. but very comfortable, does the job and doesn't give any issues.

Feedback Score
    I live and hike in Florida as well. I wear UK Gear PT-03. They are sand-proof and made for hot weather.

http://www.ukgear.com/Shop/Products/...ushioning.html

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    merrell moab! goretex or if know no water the ventilated... no question

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast