Thread: Shrapnel Resistant Kevlar Gloves

Feedback Score

Shrapnel Resistant Kevlar Gloves

Im looking for a pair of Shrapnel/Fire proof gloves. None of my searches have really shown my any gloves that can conclusively stop shrapnel. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Well you are in luck, no one has used Shrapnel since WWI.

But you probably won't find that many fragmentation resistant gloves since they would be too thick to move your fingers.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    My buddy, who just got 42 pieces of something nobody's used since WWI removed, will be sooo distressed when he finds out he's the victim of a space-time paradox.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/shrapnel

"Fragments" = news flash, everybody's been using shrapnel since everybody's been using freaking gunpowder.

The second part of post #2 is as correct as the first is not; Kevlar or with-Kevlar gloves are designed for flash (flame), abrasion, and cut resistance, not for being realistically proof or resistant against fragmentation of any sort. If they were, they'd have no dexterity to speak of, so most of the work/tactical gloves that use Kevlar in some form will be relatively thin. In my time overseas, turret gunners had "gorilla suits" made of ballistic material available to them to wear in addition to normal PPE, for extra frag protection. They were universally hated to the point that nobody would wear them unless ordered because they made it impossible to move effectively. Like being the Tin Woodsman, pre-oil-can.

Rothco, Hatch and the Blackhawk/Hellstorm lines all include kevlar gloves, but there's labor-oriented PPE that's thicker and available on the commercial market.
    Contractor scum, PM Infantry Weapons

Feedback Score
    Disregard, your dick is obviously bigger than everyone else's R0N so Im going to sit down with a tub of Ben and Jerry's and cry myself to sleep.
    Last edited by NinjaMedic; 05-23-11 at 19:28. Reason: Shown up by 3"

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    You can call a cat a dog, but it does not make it a dog.

Shrapnel is a specific type of ordinance and what what ignorant (ill informed) people often call fragmentation. Shrapnel was designed by LtCol Henry Shrapnel and first used in the battle of Batavia in 1812. It was abandoned by the end of the 1st World War in favor of high explosives because it produced more effective fragmentation. Since I am in the business of killing people with fragmentation weapons and probably have been responsible for more of it than any of you, having commanded cannon units in combat, been a JTAC and a fire support coordinator. I know words mean things and to say shrapnel, means shrapnel and not fragmentation.

The closet thing to Shrapnel today is the claymore mine and the beehive APERS rounds.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I guess in this case the old adage that if it quacks like a duck and swims like a duck...most likely it is a duck does not apply

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by R0N View Post
    You can call a cat a dog, but it does not make it a dog.

Shrapnel is a specific type of ordinance and what what ignorant (ill informed) people often call fragmentation. Shrapnel was designed by LtCol Henry Shrapnel and first used in the battle of Batavia in 1812. It was abandoned by the end of the 1st World War in favor of high explosives because it produced more effective fragmentation. Since I am in the business of killing people with fragmentation weapons and probably have been responsible for more of it than any of you, having commanded cannon units in combat, been a JTAC and a fire support coordinator. I know words mean things and to say shrapnel, means shrapnel and not fragmentation.

The closet thing to Shrapnel today is the claymore mine and the beehive APERS rounds.
    Thanks, I learned something today and actually looked it up and read. Damn you!!! http://www.history.army.mil/faq/shrapnel.htm

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I got a bad feeling on how this is going to end