Ive enrolled in a carbine course and Ive been setting myself up with the gear I (think I) will need to run it effectively and efficiently. I have a 4 mag chest rig and a dump pouch. Im not sure Ill need a dump pouch, but I thought it might be nice to have. I have a camelbak I could use. Will I need the pouch and the hydration?

I plan on running my pistol and pistol mags on my belt. Thats where I carry it daily. Thats where I run it for IDPA. I think its a good place to keep it.

My carbine is a nice light AR with a good 2 point adjustable sling. It has an A2 fsb and a Troy flip up rear. Ive been shooting it with irons sights and Im pretty comfortable with them. Ive been thinking about picking up an Aimpoint T1 and a larue high mount. Its a nice light option with great reviews, but damn they cost! Would this benefit me in the course? It wont take much to talk me into one.

Any good advice on the topic? What did you bring that you could have done without? What did you wish you had? School me.