Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031

Thread: M&P Bar-Sto Barrel from Apex Tactical preview pic

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Not to answer for Randy, but they (Apex) are held captive by the barrel manufacturer. If they do not want to make them, there is nothing they can do.

C4
    Is it possible the same barrel manufacturer makes barrels for S&W?
    Jack C.
    cleaned up my gun list for Odie, hope this makes you feel better.. is my target ok? I
    can delete it too..

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by turbo38gn View Post
    Is it possible the same barrel manufacturer makes barrels for S&W?
    Nope.

C4

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Not to answer for Randy, but they (Apex) are held captive by the barrel manufacturer. If they do not want to make them, there is nothing they can do.

C4

Correct!

And if anyone wants to see updates from Apex, they should visit their sub-forum:

http://m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.ph...ysprune=&f=183

Feedback Score

C4
    What would be the reasoning behind Bar sto not wanting to make them? Actually, that leads me to a question I've had before; if you look around, no one outside of SL makes a fitted barrel for the M&P, correct? And even with SL, I'm not sure you can call and just order one. Honestly I've never tried, but I don't think you can. For a gun that seems to be popular and that's had documented problems with accuracy, I find it odd that no one has stepped up and started making fitted barrels available to the public for the gun. Do you have any idea why.

Quote Originally Posted by G34Shooter View Post
    Correct!

And if anyone wants to see updates from Apex, they should visit their sub-forum:

http://m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.ph...ysprune=&f=183
    Yeah, except, for as far as I can tell, the last time they updated the progress of the barrel there was 4April. Your original post was two years ago. There have been multiple delays along the way and as you can see from your own thread the lack of communication has made some frustrated. And understandably so. Two years is a long time from announcement to not even having been released yet.

I don't personally own an M&P 9 and this is exactly the reason why. If you get one that isn't accurate, you currently have no options outside of sitting on Grant's list for a year or more. I understand the frustration.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Striker View Post
    What would be the reasoning behind Bar sto not wanting to make them? Actually, that leads me to a question I've had before; if you look around, no one outside of SL makes a fitted barrel for the M&P, correct? And even with SL, I'm not sure you can call and just order one. Honestly I've never tried, but I don't think you can. For a gun that seems to be popular and that's had documented problems with accuracy, I find it odd that no one has stepped up and started making fitted barrels available to the public for the gun. Do you have any idea why.

Yeah, except, for as far as I can tell, the last time they updated the progress of the barrel there was 4April. Your original post was two years ago. There have been multiple delays along the way and as you can see from your own thread the lack of communication has made some frustrated. And understandably so. Two years is a long time from announcement to not even having been released yet.

I don't personally own an M&P 9 and this is exactly the reason why. If you get one that isn't accurate, you currently have no options outside of sitting on Grant's list for a year or more. I understand the frustration.

Apex is a small and very busy company, they don't have the manpower to sit on the hundreds of forums out there very often.

So for the people who seriously want this upgrade and an accurate time frame, it's better to email or call them directly.
    Last edited by G34Shooter; 06-27-13 at 11:41.

Feedback Score
    Has anyone heard any updates on Bar-Sto barrels for the M&P?

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031