Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock,US vs Austrian

Feedback Score

Glock,US vs Austrian

Any opinions on which would be a better choice in a Glock 17 Gen 3,U.S. or Austrian production?

Feedback Score
    I did a bunch of research on this topic when I got my first Glock. Didn't even realize until I took it home that it was marked USA instead of Austria. There were many comments about them having different finishes but that turned out to be false. The only difference is the roll marking. Pick one and be happy.

Feedback Score
    I'd pick the USA one with the state of GA rollmark (where I live). We only have one of more than a dozen with the USA mark; a Gen 4 G23. Runs well.
    "Whatever it's for; it wasn't possible until now!!!" - KrampusArms

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I picked up a NIB USA Gen 3 17 a little over a month ago. Currently 1500 rounds into the 2000 round challenge. Running better (no more BTF; ejection is still weak) since I swapped out the factory 336 ejector for the 30274 after 200 rounds. I have an Apex FRE that I'm probably going to install once I finish the 2K challenge. No complaints otherwise. Finish isn't the dull grey that my (sold) Gen 4 34 was. Only reason I went with the USA one is that I like the USA roll mark better than the Austrian one, and I wanted to try a US made Glock in comparison to my Austrian Gen 4 19.
    Last edited by MSparks909; 08-26-14 at 19:23.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I can forsee this US vs Austria crap reaching epic proportions of mental retardation.

American Hondas are just as excellent as the Japanese made ones, which proves that country of manufacture means dick when a manufacturer is dedicated to excellence.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    I can forsee this US vs Austria crap reaching epic proportions of mental retardation.
    This.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    In a similar vein, I've examined both US and Italian made Beretta 92's side by side in a gun store. I honestly couldn't tell any difference between the two, although some folks claim the Italian ones have a better finish.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post

American Hondas are just as excellent as the Japanese made ones, which proves that country of manufacture means dick when a manufacturer is dedicated to excellence.
    People are retarded. Look at how much more a J marked Toyota is worth.

I've even seen people pay a premium for an older DE marked HK45.

Some people won't buy SIGs that aren't made in Germany.

I personally think it's kind of weird to have US made pistols from companies that aren't US based. Like Brazilian Springer 1911s or Mex VWs, but at the end of the day it's the quality of the product that matters.
    Dogma is failure - Ken Hackathorn

Only performance counts - Paul Sharp

Feedback Score
    The Austria might still have the tenifer finish which I for one would prefer.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary1911A1 View Post
    The Austria might still have the tenifer finish which I for one would prefer.
    They don't. The nitration process is the same in both factories. The guns made in the US are made using the same machines, molds, processes as in Austria.
    I'm a lead farmer motherf**ker! - Kurt Lazarus

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast