Quote Originally Posted by crosseyedshooter View Post
Here’s my MWS with the Magpul PRS Lite stock. Just playing with it feels more comfortable than the SOPMOD stock and I can get pretty relaxed behind the 1.375” scope height. I feel like it’s quite a bargain at about $100 for the added comfort and adjustment.

50470F34-28B8-437D-BCD6-424E3CB1B7A8.jpeg

A few notes about the PRS Lite:

1. There’s a small gap behind the castle nut on the MWS because of the thicker QD endplate. Magpul designed the PRS Lite for mil-spec endplates.
FCC3DC03-752E-4702-AEB7-EDB8D4DD4D38.jpeg

2. The stock is mounted by a clamping force as you tighten (20 in-lb) the screw in the front QD cup. There’s no locking to the buffer tube detents at all.
3. The length of pull is quite long. As it sits in the pic, I’m two clicks out from minimum and the LOP is 15” to the trigger.
4. It doesn’t lock up completely solid in any position besides fully collapsed. There’s a slight amount of forward and aft play that makes it feel a bit cheap, but it isn’t noticeable once behind the rifle.
I tried the MP PRS stock on my MWS and it didn’t work for me. I found out that LMT also sold “their” version of the MP PRS stock and apparently it was much better. As I already had sunk costs I decided to put the MP ACS stock I already had back on and go that direction. I have a product made by Battle Line (?) that has a cheek riser which I might try again. I might also go with a fixed A2 type stock and use duck tape to fix a pad as well ( kind of wonky) but haven’t yet.