Quote Originally Posted by Tyrantresister View Post
What were your results, velocity and otherwise, from the 18" barrel, shootist?
I did not chronograph with the 18" SS barrel, just the 14.5" DD and 16" N4. The 18" gun is my long range gun and stays sighted with 77 grain ammo. The slower 62 grain bonded does not fit with my intended purpose for this gun.

I did shoot it in the 18" barrel to check the flash in our 100 Yd tunnel. The only light was from (sunlight) at the far end of the tunnel; near complete darkness in the shoot-house. Flash with the 62gr bonded was visible, but very low thru the 18" with Rainier XTC comp; and was slightly less than with B.H. Mk262.

Bonded 62 gr flash was also very low in the tunnel using a BC 1.0 I had on the 16" N4 barrel at the time.

I shot most of my initial purchase of 400 rounds (mostly using the 14.5" gun with a magnified optic) plus the 16" gun with Micro Aimpoint. I've added another 500 rounds since and have since switched the optics between the two rifles and re-sighted. It has good accuracy in both (~2 MOA) with minimal windage differences - it just prints a little lower at 100 (and a lot lower past 300).

After 300 Meters the drop is severe. 2" high at 100 Yds is approximately a 150 Yd zero (verified on a 150 Yd steel gong that is only partially visible). Hits on an 18" gong at 300M are easy and consistent using top-edge holdover - this with the Micro Aimpoint that now sits on the 14.5" gun. It's a poor choice for anything longer, IMO.

I've had zero malfunctions with the 62 gr bonded and my primary SD house gun, the 14.5" DD Middy, is now loaded with it. I do wish it had more zip, but at $.50/round, if something better comes along at a reasonable price, it's very suited for use in our CQB 3-Gun matches.