Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Thread on cans

Feedback Score
    btw: Zak Smith, Thunder Beast Arms Corp. recommended the Nord-Lock washer to me when I had this exact same question.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I will also be needing one of these washers. The above link took me to a page with several different styles. For a 5.56 AR with a lightweight barrel (currently has A2 birdcage on it), does anyone know if this (http://www.mcmaster.com/#nord-lock-washers/=bxrfvl) will work. ID is 0.53, OD is 0.77, Thickness is 0.09. If this is the incorrect one, could someone post exactly which washer they used. It will be months until my suppressor arrives and by that time this thread may be long gone. I would like to order this while it is fresh in my mind. Suppressor will be a gemtech trek (either titanium or regular, ordered the regular minutes before I read about the tax sale, emailed my guy to see if its too late to switch, fingers crossed). Upper is a DD 11.5" lightweight with Omega X rail and low profile gas block. Don't know if specs mattered and figured I would post just in case. I plan on running suppressed 99.9% of the time and would prefer not to worry too much about the suppressor coming loose. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    36 (100%)
    Medicman, My barrel (Noveske 300blackout) is threaded 5/8 x24, I ordered Mcmaster part #91812A235, which is stainless steel. I think the stainless will hold up better to the heat rather than the zinc plated. You barrel is threaded 1/2 x28 so I assume Mcmaster part #91812A233 will be your best option (that is what I would order).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by motoduck View Post
    Medicman, My barrel (Noveske 300blackout) is threaded 5/8 x24, I ordered Mcmaster part #91812A235, which is stainless steel. I think the stainless will hold up better to the heat rather than the zinc plated. You barrel is threaded 1/2 x28 so I assume Mcmaster part #91812A233 will be your best option (that is what I would order).
    You are correct, the SS will hold up better. The Pt# you gave for the 1/2in would be perfect.
    Glad to see that they are indeed working out. BTW, always remember to check your alignment when you screw a can on your gun, washer or no washer.

Feedback Score
    ryn1523:

You mentioned designing the "mirage" for Kevin at AAC. Was that the intigrally suppressed 9mm upper? When I lived in GA, Randy of Bullseye Shooting Range had two in his NFA cage for sale. I tried to buy one of them and he changed his mind saying they were a piece of AAC history.

Thought it may be the same mirage you were talking about.

MadDog

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog View Post
    ryn1523:

You mentioned designing the "mirage" for Kevin at AAC. Was that the intigrally suppressed 9mm upper? When I lived in GA, Randy of Bullseye Shooting Range had two in his NFA cage for sale. I tried to buy one of them and he changed his mind saying they were a piece of AAC history.

Thought it may be the same mirage you were talking about.

MadDog
    MadDog, yes it was the same Mirage. I actually built the very first Mirage as a one off for a customer in PA who had been asking me for awhile do make him a DEA style suppressed upper. The first one was all hand made on a small engine lathe. It took me awhile to figure it all out, but we were both pretty happy with it. My memory is a little fuzzy(a long time ago)but I think Kevin was up in Boise visiting us when I had finished the original prototype. We talked about a production run and made changes to the design for production.
    During the production phase, I split off of Gemtech. I was still machining the handguards for them, until one of the fiberglass handguards split apart on the mill and cut the back my wrist to the bone severing a nerve. From there on out, the rest of the production took place totally at Gemtech. It actually was a very cool upper. The original one had an un-ported barrel, for the use of subsonic ammo. I can't remember if the production units were ported or not.
    Lol, that was a lifetime ago.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123