Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thread on cans

Feedback Score
    No, not being quick to tout anything. Just stating a fact, that's all. If it would make you feel better, I started out as J.R. Customs in WA. After that, My partner and I joined up with Phil Dater to start Gemtech. From there I was involved with Tac-Ord and did contract work for SWR, John's Guns, Gemtech and several other Manufacturers. I designed the original Mirage for Kevin over at AAC before he became a manufacturer. Etc, etc.
    Anyways, I was just trying to answer a question based on my experience. I never mentioned I was a manufacturer until my advice, based on my experience, was questioned.
    Last edited by ryn1523; 04-07-11 at 13:35.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryn1523 View Post
    No, not being quick to tout anything. Just stating a fact, that's all. If it would make you feel better, I started out as J.R. Customs in WA. After that, My partner and I joined up with Phil Dater to start Gemtech. From there I was involved with Tac-Ord and did contract work for SWR, John's Guns, Gemtech and several other Manufacturers. I designed the original Mirage for Kevin over at AAC before he became a manufacturer. Etc, etc.
    Anyways, I was just trying to answer a question based on my experience. I never mentioned I was a manufacturer until my advise, based on my experience, was questioned.
    Quick and honest reply, thank you. I have never heard of any suppressor manufacturer advocate the use of any kind of washer for a thread mount suppressor. Most, including Gemtech and AAC, advise against it.

Feedback Score
    Most probably don't, these days. I would imagine most are leery to say it's good to use a washer, because of user error and the fact they they can't guarantee alignment if they didn't thread the barrel or at least true up the shoulder.
    It was always common practice to put washers on threaded barrels, with the exception of shim washers(the glue would burn off and the can would then loosen) and regular lock washers. Most manufacturers made washers/shims out of SS bar stock.
    So much for the old days, I guess.

Feedback Score
    59 (100%)
    I might have to give one of those washers a try, thanks for the link

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryn1523 View Post
    Anyways, I was just trying to answer a question based on my experience. I never mentioned I was a manufacturer until my advice, based on my experience, was questioned.
    Dang.

Feedback Score
    No problem. Be sure to check your alignment after you screw your can on.

Feedback Score
    36 (100%)
    The Nord Locks are the perfact fix. They worked so well, I did not bother to try the teflon tape. Shot 50 rds on semi of 300 AAC w/Gemtech HVT still 100% solid lock up. Then did couple of mags on full auto, 100% again. The Nord Locks are very well made with a great deal of percision.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by motoduck View Post
    The Nord Locks are the perfact fix. They worked so well, I did not bother to try the teflon tape. Shot 50 rds on semi of 300 AAC w/Gemtech HVT still 100% solid lock up. Then did couple of mags on full auto, 100% again. The Nord Locks are very well made with a great deal of percision.
    You know the rule... were are the photos?

Feedback Score
    There you go! Glad to see they worked out for you. Good to see us old suppressor guys still have something upstairs, lol

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    with a great deal of percision.
    Quoted for the humor.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast