Thread: Sorry if not the right section, where do you shoot in socal?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    Very late reply. I live in San Diego (PB) and drive east into the Imperial County desert BLM areas to shoot. I much prefer it to conventional ranges. Plenty of terrain with usable backstops. I can run/gun or shoot for distance. Transitions are not only allowed but strongly encouraged. The area is basically mine for however long I feel like staying. I can hang my steel in any arrangement I please. I don't have to worry about any kooks doing dumbshit kook-things on neighboring lanes. I'm my own RSO.
    BLM land isn't without it's problems and to clarify, I mean driving farther out and off-road to set up. Any area that requires a trucks clearance to get out to is a plus. Shitheads in cars (with or w/out spoiler) can't get out as far to shoot up whatever trash they bring out (that'll be left behind) with Walmart Tula (which they won't pick up) from their out-of-spec, gun-show-table, bargain ARs. Or #7 birdshot shells (also never picked up) from their equally budget tactically-tacky collapsible stock/pistol grip shotguns.
    I'd rather spend range-fees on gas and make a day out of it. That's how range days should be. Just behave safely, use common sense, pick up your brass and don't leave trash.

footnote: Aluminum pistol casings will also be left behind from "burning clips" through an equally shitty plastic-framed Taurus or Walther type 9mm pistol.
    Last edited by 77nodnarb; 11-20-19 at 15:52.