Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Review: IWC QD MICRO MOUNT-N-SLOT as installed into a MOE

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MOUNT-N-SLOT View Post
    Thanks for the comment. But clearance is a non-issue. The QD MICRO MOUNT-N-SLOT installs on a MOE Carbine, the most linear compact of the series, without issue.

This is a complex, multi set-up CNC components. Retails for $15.95. We just added a hex key, like all of our other products which is Made in the USA by Elkind, which further erodes our already slim margin.

I apologize. We can't add another milled to size component to act as a template.

We are working on a SolidWorks designed PRINTED DRILL TEMPLATE (paper) to send with the mount. We can afford this.

MOUNT-N-SLOT
    I wasn't suggesting it be included, just an extra option for sale. and it wouldn't have to be made of metal, it could be plastic, chipboard, whatever. I'm going to make one out of chipboard for myself I think.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I wasn't suggesting it be included, just an extra option for sale. and it wouldn't have to be made of metal, it could be plastic, chipboard, whatever. I'm going to make one out of chipboard for myself I think.
    Rob_S.

If you have a better solution, like a chipboard spacer to use during mock-up pre-installation, which would help M4C members and others install Impact Weapons Components or any other mfg's. kit for that matter, make it and post it so we all can benefit.

Thanks for helping out.

EARL

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    If you are mounting the QD MICRO near the barrel nut and the taper area of the barrel, then use the small pointy ones..

If you are not mounting it near the barrel nut, then either ones work fine...

MOUNT-N-SLOT
    Thanks, once I looked at it closer I think either would work.

We just added a hex key, like all of our other products which is Made in the USA by Elkind,

MOUNT-N-SLOT
    So speaking of hex key's; what size is it that fits the screw? This is where I got hung up on the installation last night as I couldn't find a small enough one to fit.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Go easy and let the bit do the work - Magpul uses a tough polymer for their handguard.
    Quote Originally Posted by HES View Post
    Understatement of the month.
    Agreed but no where near as hard as trying to cut down an MVG with a dremel. I almost went out and bought a damn table saw after that experience.
    Last edited by Icculus; 04-16-11 at 13:40.
    Quote Originally Posted by d90king
    Play stupid games, win stupid prizes...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Is this normal? That's a 0.050" hex key used as a stand-in feeler gauge.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Icculus View Post
    So speaking of hex key's; what size is it that fits the screw? This is where I got hung up on the installation last night as I couldn't find a small enough one to fit.
    2mm if I recall.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Is this normal? That's a 0.050" hex key used as a stand-in feeler gauge.

What groove do you have the ring in Rob?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quiet-Matt View Post
    What groove do you have the ring in Rob?
    Inner.

Got this same result with mid-length and rifle-length tan MOE. will post pics of installs when they finish uploading from my phone.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Here's the one I just did on a carbine moe. I have it on the inner ring as well but ended up with half the gap you did Rob. This is the latest version moe if that makes a difference.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Are those gaps all the way around for both of you or just at the bottom? When I was figuring out where to drill it seemed like that area wasn't perfectly flat and curved in toward the top. Seemed like if you either drilled the hole crooked or mounted it with the set screws perpendicular to the slots vs parallel as Quiet-Matt did it could be problematic.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Quiet-Matt View Post
    2mm if I recall.
    Thanks, I'm off to Lowes since apparently some of my hex keys have legs. I'll report back once I get the install finished. I could hold the mount flat against the inside with my fingers and it looked ok but I haven't installed the ring yet so I'm not sure if it will be flush when its just sitting there or have a gap like what you guys are seeing.
    Last edited by Icculus; 04-16-11 at 14:47.
    Quote Originally Posted by d90king
    Play stupid games, win stupid prizes...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast