Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Review: IWC QD MICRO MOUNT-N-SLOT as installed into a MOE

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    HD, if you drill the hole completely through, the distance from the 1/2" hole for the cup and the #20 hole for the 8-32 mount screw is very short. As usage will place the mount under tension, it's likely a stress crack will develop between the two holes
    Based on our testing, the MOE's will not stress crack. They're mad efrom .125" thick glass reinforced polymer.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quiet-Matt View Post
    Ken,
    Would a carbine MOE leave enough room to mount one of these in a similar fashion?
    I believe so, but I don't have any carbine length MOEs around the house to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    HD, if you drill the hole completely through, the distance from the 1/2" hole for the cup and the #20 hole for the 8-32 mount screw is very short. As usage will place the mount under tension, it's likely a stress crack will develop between the two holes
    These are made of pretty tough stuff; I can see where it would be a concern, but I'm still tempted to give it a try!

ETA: Naaah, I'm basically lazy, and it's working well now - I'll leave it alone. It's a cleaner install this way anyways.
    Last edited by HeavyDuty; 03-27-11 at 22:53.
    Ken in Texas

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Great review. I am interested in a pair if they work on carbine length MOE handguards. I have two rifles that would benifit from this set up. I have the origionalQD set up. It works well but I like the low profile of this mount.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Maybe I missed it...available when?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Great review HD!
    USN Life member

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    Maybe I missed it...available when?
    I think Earl said a few weeks - they're at the finisher right now.
    Ken in Texas

Feedback Score
    Great review! Magpul should have thought of this... or they did and are waiting for a the v2 to include a swivel.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I think Earl said a few weeks - they're at the finisher right now.
    Thanks for the info and for the review. I'm finishing a lightweight SBR and bought a standard Mount N' Slot for the MOE handguard, think I 'll wait for this one now.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    If you run MOE HG's and you grip the fore end with your thumb on top (Magpul Dynamics style), you just can't beat IWC's handstop for the MOE.

I've been using it for months now and I'll never go back.

Feedback Score
    I was looking at options and was going to go the noveskie route. But this looks much cleaner. Nice!
    “Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.” Khalil Gibran

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast