Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Review: IWC QD MICRO MOUNT-N-SLOT as installed into a MOE

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I thought so. Thanks.
    Between two groups of people who want to make inconsistent kinds of worlds, I see no remedy but force. - Oliver Wendell Holmes.

Feedback Score
    I remember seeing a post somewhere about mounting them without taking it off. Very carefully I recall

Feedback Score
    Great piece of kit too. I wasn't sure about it and the owner sent me one for free to test out and he proved me wrong. Im about to order another for my new build

Feedback Score
    I got mine in the mail today. Very easy to install and looks well made. I look forward to trying it out at the range soon.
    ETA: I found a tech tip on how to install spirolocks for piston pins, I believe you could use the same procedure for installing these.

Last edited by Kodiak; 04-29-12 at 11:07.
    "Live for something rather than die for nothing." - Gen. George Patton

"If you come expecting a fair fight, you are unprepared." - Magpul

"The truth of the matter is that you always know the right thing to do. The hard part is doing it." - Norman Schwarzkopf

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the review. Just installed mine on my moe handgaurd and love it. Easy to install and very sleek and solid.

Feedback Score

+1

Just got mine installed without any hiccups and that's saying a lot for someone with my (low) level of handiness. Nice product.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PackerfanXD View Post
    Can this be installed on a TRX without taking the rail off or no?
    It should be possible. I had to come up with a method for installing it on my Mega monolithic upper. I used a long strip of the double sided tape because it's thick enough to stay somewhat stable. I attached the back plate to it and slid it down inside until it was opposite where I wanted the sling receiver mounted. Took less than 5 minutes.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    It should be possible. I had to come up with a method for installing it on my Mega monolithic upper. I used a long strip of the double sided tape because it's thick enough to stay somewhat stable. I attached the back plate to it and slid it down inside until it was opposite where I wanted the sling receiver mounted. Took less than 5 minutes.
    How did you do the anti-rotation screws? Were you able to get a ball end hex key in there?
    Ken in Texas

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    How did you do the anti-rotation screws? Were you able to get a ball end hex key in there?
    Ah... y'all must be using this one:
    http://www.impactweaponscomponents.c...d-micro-mount/

I used this one:
    http://www.impactweaponscomponents.c...limited-mount/

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I just installed one of these on a Troy Alpha Rail. It was pretty straightforward. One of the setscrews fell out, because I didn't thread it enough. The holes on the alpha would not line up right to re-thread straight, so I had to remove the ring and start over. The second try was without incident. The mount is certainly solid. I don't think it could possibly be any more low profile.

The mid-length build is almost complete. I pick up my new BCM lower from my FFL on Monday afternoon.

I am becoming a real fan of IWC. I have one of these same swivel mounts on my MOE clad LMT carbine. It works great.
    US Army Military Police 97-03
    Federal LEO/M.R.T. 05-Present
    NRA Life Member

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."
    -E. Hemingway

"I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it."
    -Jack Nicholson (A Few Good Men, 1992)

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast