Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Review: IWC QD MICRO MOUNT-N-SLOT as installed into a MOE

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chamber143 View Post
    Havent had any problem with it spinning although i dont see how it isnt going to sooner or later...
    I solved any possible spinning with a touch of JB Weld around the base of the mount on both my installs. Didn't think there would be a spinning problem in the future, I'm just kind of anal that way.

Feedback Score
    Bumping an older thread...

I'm upgrading a 16" mid-length A2 into something a big slicker. This morning I ordered the MOE hand guards w/ the QD Micro Mount-N-Slot and a few other goodies.

A quick search brought me here and I thought I'd bring it to the top for anyone else who was in the market.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    They also have an option now to mail your MOEs in so they can install the QD on your current handguards. Just gotta send mine in!
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Ok guys, I am putting one of these in a Cav Arms C-1 Buttstock. Any advice before I start?
    My brother saw Deliverance and bought a Bow. I saw Deliverance and bought an AR-15.

Feedback Score
    All,
    I have just finished installing 2 QD Micro Mount N Slot sling mounts. 1 is on an MOE midlength HG and the other is on an MOE Carbine length HG. The product is just wonderful, easy to mount and it works very well. The Carbine HG was a little more tricky to work with. I had to rotate the mount to the vertical position instead of the horizontal position that I used on the Midlength HG. I also had to shave down one of the alignment pins on the bottom section of the HG as the pin was hitting the bottom of the QD mount. The pin is the one closest to the HG ring. Again, excellent product and satisfaction level is very high.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Did this work this past week.

I alos roughed the inside of the stock and used some plastic-specific epoxy as a reinforcement and I used a whole tube on both attachments.
    My brother saw Deliverance and bought a Bow. I saw Deliverance and bought an AR-15.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I ordered a set of carbine length hand guards with pre-installed QD mount. Excellent setup (much to the envy of fellow shooters, who now have IWC contact info ). It was absolutely worth the money, and really expands the utility of the 'basic' hand guards.
    The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. - Ayn Rand

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    I sent two of my carbine handguards out to IWC and had the QD mount installed. I also just ordered a set for my new naked Kino upper. They work great.

Last edited by usmcvet; 01-28-12 at 16:18.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

QD Micro Flush QD Sling Mount

Can this be installed on a TRX without taking the rail off or no?
    Between two groups of people who want to make inconsistent kinds of worlds, I see no remedy but force. - Oliver Wendell Holmes.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    No. You need access to the screws from the inside.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -Benjamin Franklin

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast