Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DDM4V1 for a 1st AR?

Feedback Score

DDM4V1 for a 1st AR?

I have an opportunity to buy a ddm4v1 for $850...private sale, unfired weapon. This model isn't really my first choice but the deal is off the charts. My biggest complaint is the weight. It's a good 1/2 lb or so heavier than other rifles I'm looking at. That said, I won't be trudging through the woods on patrol ops with it. I was also leaning towards a mid length rifle, not because I have any experience with either mid or carbine, but because most people seem to prefer the mid length.

Why do I want an AR platform rifle...mostly because I like guns and I don't have one. It would also be nice to have in the unlikely event that a situation arises that my 9mm won't take care of.

So, save 300-600 dollars and buy ammo, optic, take a long weekend with the wife, or hold out for something else that in my mind is better but I have no reference for actually determining?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Too good a deal to pass up IMO. Even buying a lighter rail later should save you a good amount of weight, plus you could sell the DD rail when you do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My 7 iron is more accurate than my capabilities. Same with my AR.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    $850 for a DDM4 v1? Wow, I'd take that deal without giving it second thought. Mine feels like a toy, not heavy at all...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Buy it and shoot the heck out of it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Don't pass up that deal, you'll regret it later

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Like the others have said, that's too good of a deal to pass up.

Feedback Score
    That rifle is just under 7 pounds including sights although that may include the vfg too. In my opinion the rails are top notch, I wouldn't switch it out for a lighter rail. I would check the BCG, barrel etc to make sure it is all truly DD stuff. If this is legit, why question it, buy it and shoot the crap out of it they are truly great rifles. You can sell the rifle for more than what its worth and get something different if you really want to.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    If everything is on the up and up, that's one amazing deal.

Buy it.

Put some rounds through it.

Change stuff only when you have a clear reason for doing so...

Feedback Score
    I'm with the others on this. You can either buy it, get to know it as is, and then set it up the way you want and still be in the green, or just buy it and sell it for more on gunbroker.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    What brand/models were you considering that were a half pound lighter than the DD?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast