Thread: Review: IWC QD MICRO MOUNT-N-SLOT as installed into a MOE

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    A guy over on TOS successfully mounted one in an M4 handguard, if that helps...
    Happen to have a link?

Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    I would say the MOE handguards are stronger. Anyone else?
    If the standard HGs are not strong enough then I doubt I will do this. However, I do see that IWC does market a TOP MOUNT sling attachment point that uses the top ventilation holes as the point of attachment. If standard HGs are not strong enough I wonder why IWC would make such a mount?
    Last edited by urbankaos04; 04-21-11 at 19:36.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by urbankaos04 View Post
    Happen to have a link?
    If the standard HGs are not strong enough then I doubt I will do this. However, I do see that IWC does market a TOP MOUNT sling attachment point that uses the top ventilation holes as the point of attachment. If standard HGs are not strong enough I wonder why IWC would make such a mount?
    The Standard A2 / M4 hand guards are strong enough. IWC makes a full line of fully tested and warranted MOUNT-N-SLOT mounts for these hand guards. To date, we have not received one report of failure. Our customer base includes Patrol LEO as well as civilian shooters.

As for your question about placing the QD MICRO MOUNT-N-SLOT in an M4 HG, I talked extensively with MikePapa95 about his install and afterwards. He's in LE and uses his AR on patrol. No report of any issue. His post on the install is on ar15.com under AR, then the slings sub-forum.

MOUNT-N-SLOT

Feedback Score

M4 Hand Guard Install Thread...

[QUOTE=urbankaos04;978669]Happen to have a link?

Hi!

We added a link to the M4 Carbine Hand Guard install on IWC's QD MICRO MOUNT-N-SLOT Product Details page.

Here's the Link: http://www.impactweaponscomponents.c...d-micro-mount/

Thanks go out to MikePapa95B for the awesome pics of his install. We spoke this week... his install is still secure and he loves the kit!

MOUNT-N-SLOT