Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: H&K Mags

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by P7Guru View Post
    What are the issues with the 416 mags?
    I think it's just that they wear out and won't take the abuse of a Pmag.
    Randall Rausch
    AR15 Barrel Guru

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by P7Guru View Post
    What are the issues with the 416 mags?
    I have 7 I used for competition. I said used because I've quit using them.

4 of the 7 won't lock the bolt back now. And 1 just caused the first double feed at the Blackwater side rifle match on Sunday (friend was shooting my rifle). So all 7 are for range-only use now. I used PMAGs Sunday with my 10" LMT which have run 100% thus far in 3K rounds.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shihan View Post
    Those issues have been resolved so its really a non-isue.
    That is why I wrote "they are fixing them." Hopefully their will not be a 3rd recall.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    That is why I wrote "they are fixing them." Hopefully their will not be a 3rd recall.
    Hmm

Magpul has some problems with a new product, that they developed on their own dime, and are acting in a admirable manner to make sure that anyone who has a problem with the problem can get the issue fixed.

H&K has a problem with a product that a gotv't originally paid for them to develope, and will not even sell you the parts to fix it on your own dime.

I know who will be gettting my $ for mags and more.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathan_Bell View Post
    Hmm

Magpul has some problems with a new product, that they developed on their own dime, and are acting in a admirable manner to make sure that anyone who has a problem with the problem can get the issue fixed.

H&K has a problem with a product that a gotv't originally paid for them to develope, and will not even sell you the parts to fix it on your own dime.

I know who will be gettting my $ for mags and more.
    Heck, I cannot even get folks to tell me what the HK Mag problems are! They must have sworn everyone to secrecy.

I would say MAGPULs behavior is EXEMPLAR. I hope to make PMAGS my standard mag, I really like them, especially the price.

Feedback Score
    Heck, I cannot even get folks to tell me what the HK Mag problems are!
    I think the main problem is HK's price and customer service attitude.
    Randall Rausch
    AR15 Barrel Guru

Feedback Score
    I wont use them any longer....

at a recent match i performed an emergency reload and bent the lips to the point of no return......

Feedback Score
    Pmags have issues too. But at least we know about them, and they are fixing them.

I keep hearing about HK mag issues, but nobody is telling. Mine work fine.

Renegade from the way you worded it it looked like they had outstanding issues and are working on fixing them. Which is why I asked because I knew of no existing issues as all of the past ones had been addressed.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shihan View Post
    Renegade from the way you worded it it looked like they had outstanding issues and are working on fixing them. Which is why I asked because I knew of no existing issues as all of the past ones had been addressed.
    Yes, I should have made it more past tense. Sometimes in an effort to be brief, i do not convey the full message or it comes out harsh - not intended.

The 07/07 mags are working fine for me in multiple guns, F/A, S/A, whatever. Getting near time to start "stocking up". Of course, if something is found, it is nice to know MAGPUL will probably fix it at no cost based on previous history.

Feedback Score
    I've use HK, PMAGS, USGI, CMMG, CProducts, and others, the best thing that I thinks that you can do is to test your mags and see what works for you. Some people can afford to spend what ever they want on their gear and some can't. For those that spend unlimited amount of money on their gear, see if someone will let you use some of their mags and find out what works best for you.

All mags will wear out over time and are disposable in the long term. Don't get attached to your mags, when they start to give you problems get some new ones.

Mark

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast