Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: H&K Mags

Feedback Score
    I always had an itch to buy about 7 HK mags... Glad I never did buy them now.

A fortified location near Fort Campbell, KY
    Feedback Score
    Nice thing about the HK mags is their trade value...at least for a little while yet. I swapped a couple HK mags and an inexpensive chest rig for an Aimpoint M2.
    Its all fun and games till somebody loses an eye. Then its fun and games you can't see.-James Hetfield

Expertise is nothing more than the basics done correctly.-Holy Roller

ATS Tactical Gear, LLC

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    We got issued the HK mags. Then...

The word came out that the HK mags are are not to be used because they are damaging the AR lowers. Steel against Al?

I don't know. I have yet to see any of this in writing. I still use USGI mags and the HK mags because they are free. None have failed yet.

However, I like the PMAG!

Feedback Score
    Yes, DRich, I discovered them in the book today as I had not seen them there before. And, I do qualify. I will be ordering some posthaste.
    NRA Life, SASS#40701, Glock Advanced Armorer
    Gunsmith for Unique Armament Creations LLC, 07/SOT

VIGILIA PRETIUM LIBERTATIS

Feedback Score
    I bought two P-Mags to try from Brownells.
    They are about $13.00 here.
    I am not growing all warm and fuzzy towards the P-Mags, they rattle when fully loaded and I don't see where the plastic is any great improvement over Orlites.
    They will not drop free when installed in a rifle with a Norgon ambidextrious magazine catch either, they pop about three quarters out and stop.
    Even worse if you use the left side mag release, they pop about a quarter out and stop.
    These are 07-07 date code magazines, not he older "Bad" magazines either.

The magazines fed and locked open just fine but I only fired 90 rounds through each magazine so this first run wasn't exactly an endurance test.

The dust cover is cute but I can see this being easily lost and then the hunt for a replacement is required.

Right now I am still favoring my Brownell aluminum magazines over the P-Mags.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LukeMacGillie View Post
    Im not Larry, but yes spring issues are what I have seen. After about 6-800 rounds they no longer lock back the bolt when empty. When talking to H&K they said that they will not be offering replacement springs, as mags are an expendable item and if they go bad you should just order more mags.
    At the price, and low round count they consider them expendable?

Germans

I believe it was rgrgordo that told me that "HK makes money in spite of themselves" ....... cough......
    "So have your buddy get a box of stray cats and try to get a good sight picture while he is throwing the cats at you... naked." - KLD

Get yours news at Presscheck.org!

Feedback Score
    I own a couple dozen of the H&K mags. never had a problem.

And they can be picked up for as little as $31 bucks. Not sure where people are getting this 4-6 times more than pmag crap. Oh and yes I own a few PMAGS too.

Also, I have a norgon ambi mag release on a couple different lowers. Works flawless for me for all types of mags.

It is a shame how poor H&K's customer service is, which is also nothing new.

Feedback Score
    I too used to support the hk mags. Shortly after we received a new batch we started seeing problems which the factory told us was because "we didn't know how to shoot" and a myriad of other slurs. This was rectified with the "gen 2 mag" and the firing of that individual.

They are reliable when new.
    The spring will wear, as with all springs.
    No replacement springs will be forthcoming (thanks Luke!)
    They dent very easily.
    Many of the people issued them are moving on (Based on my observations)
    They are heavy- not a big issue for the hobby or occasional shooter, but an issue for others.

I have 20+ PMAG's now. The only problem was with a smoke mag, and that was not a surprise as different material was used from the conventional black mags.

They are not perfect- but nothing is (including glocks)

I have over 100 BCM magazines (from D&H) which run as well or better then any other mil type magazine that we have used.

My experiences with CProducts and Brownells mags are spotty.

Short answer- there are better magazines on the market then those made by hk, and for a lot less money.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LukeMacGillie View Post
    Im not Larry, but yes spring issues are what I have seen. After about 6-800 rounds they no longer lock back the bolt when empty. When talking to H&K they said that they will not be offering replacement springs, as mags are an expendable item and if they go bad you should just order more mags.
    Good grief....

That's excessive even for somebody who is used to supplying government contracts....

Feedback Score
    Wanna know the cat's meow???

CMMG - SSAT 30 Rd Teflon Mags w/Braided Wire...

New from CMMG. 30rd black teflon magazine with stainless steel anti-tilt follower and braided wire spring. No other magazine offers greater performance under extreme conditions. New stainless steel ant-tilt follower features superb stability, minimal drag and unmatched durability. Nano-ceramic plated braided wire spring protects 400+ hours against salt sea spray. Multi-strand construction eliminates the magazine from ever taking a set. No single strand chrome silicon spring compares!

BADASS....Can't beat 'em for the price.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast