Thread: Dump Pouches, Why?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Dump Pouches, Why?

So, I have been going back and forth with this and have discussed this in the past with others, but I want to get you guys' opinions/theories on why you personally use a dump pouch.

My personal theory is that dump pouches are only absolutely necessary if you can't afford to lose your mags/gear because there is no possibility of resupply.

If resupply is possible, and I am in a firefight, I don't want to take the extra 2+ seconds to:
    1) locate fresh mag in whatever is my next reload pouch
    2) extract mag
    3) perform tac reload
    4) retain empty mag in hand
    5) reach around and locate my moving/swinging dump pouch
    6) drop mag in dump pouch

***when utilizing a dump pouch, I am talking about empty mags. Partial mags are tac reloaded into an empty mag pouch. I would think that mixing partial mags and empty mags in a dump pouch is not wise. (1911 mag, m4 mag, twinkie...lol)***

It seems to me that in a situation where resupply is possible, then I would want to "speed reload" as fast as possible and just drop the mag, win the firefight, and come back to pick them up later. My life is way more important than a $15 piece of gear.

By resupply, I mean that either you are mil/leo with supply lines, or a civilian who can go purchase new mags.
    Last edited by Ironman8; 03-10-11 at 09:49. Reason: Edited for content