Thread: Looking for HSGI or EssTac-Style Carrier

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Looking for HSGI or EssTac-Style Carrier

Hey guys, I'm in the market for a plate carrier that features a specific type of internal magazine pouches, the type with loop material lining the pouches as is found on HSGIs and EssTac Boar chest rigs. I've got a bunch of EssTac KYWIs but I've found that the pouches on my older-version Wasatch are just too wide for the KYWIs to establish any secure grip on PMAGs. I dont want to run a Boar over armor. Bulky and hot as hell.

So far as I can tell, solutions include simply running EssTac mag pouches on some other carrier, probably an Eagle, and mounting pouches to the outside of those mag pouches or modifying my current Wasatch's pouches so that they are thin enough to fit only 1 mag per pouch. Id rather not mount pouches to the outside of EssTac mag pouches, as I imagine that my tool kit, admin pouch and secondary mags would be pretty loose and flop around on those. And if I'm going to have to modify my Wasatch, I'd rather just have something custom-made.

Basically, anybody know of any obscure carrier that will securely fit KYWIs?

Feedback Score
    We have a special run of Dual bungee retainers for the 'satch series. They retain each mag separately, even if you only have one mag per pouch. They aren't Kydex, but they are the best option to modify the mag retention on the HSGI Wasatch.
    If you check out our facebook page there are some pictures of me in the wastach with the dual bungee retainers.

SOS
    With Skill, Knowledge & Determination, YOU WILL PREVAIL!
    Join our Facebook Fan Page for Specials, Updates and Discounts!
    Questions? m4c@skdtac.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks man, but I really want to figure out a way to use KYWIs. I love em.

Feedback Score
    I hear ya. I swapped 3 out of my four primary draw mags out for Esstac KyWi's.

SOS

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    you could always trim them....

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by calicojack View Post
    you could always trim them....
    How so? The issue has been resolved now, I've found a solution. Just curious as to what you mean.

Feedback Score
    I'm curious to both options. - what worked, and what was meant by trimming.
    I get a lot of questions about KyWi's working in different mag pouches with mixed results. The more I know the better I can help people out. Thanks.

SOS

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    disregard. i was reading it as the kiwi's were to wide. you were talking about the wee/wa pouches being much wider than the kiwi. curious though. were they to wide or to deep? if to deep the kydex could be heated, bent to a wider angle, and then let cool to set. if they are to wide, they are two wide.
    Last edited by calicojack; 02-04-11 at 15:14.

Feedback Score
    KyWi's are made for single stack mag pouches, the 'satch series has double stack pouches. Without some ingenuity they will not work in the wasatch.

SOS

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    As was just said above, trimming the KyWi's wouldn't aid in making them fit double stack mag pouches but will help out with non-esstac single stack pouches. I did that with my KyWis for my PC and wrote a bit about that in the following link:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showpost.p...&postcount=134
    Last edited by aftermath686; 02-04-11 at 22:54.