Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: AXTS AX556 lower

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I look forward to their release.

Feedback Score
    Anyone run this on a Stag lefty upper yet?

This seems more economical and ergonomic than a standard lower with a add on ambi mag release.

If you guys need someone to run the heck out of one in a lefty upper let me know.

Edit* Any thoughts on a pre-order sale on the AX556?

Cheers

Vince
    Last edited by serevince; 01-28-11 at 23:38.

Feedback Score
    I'm diggin' the hell outta this but its just one more reason it sucks to live in the P.R.Kali.
    If we ever get rid of that stupid "bullet-button" law, I'd be all over this.
    Rant over,
    lowdowndad

Feedback Score

Awesome !

Those lowers look fantastic. Takes the ambi design to the next level. I'm definitely down for any M4C group buy !

Quote Originally Posted by serevince View Post
    Anyone run this on a Stag lefty upper yet?

This seems more economical and ergonomic than a standard lower with a add on ambi mag release.

If you guys need someone to run the heck out of one in a lefty upper let me know.

Edit* Any thoughts on a pre-order sale on the AX556?

Cheers

Vince
    Vince,

I do not believe any one has run a Stag lefty upper on one yet but there is a picture of one in this article by Defense Review.

http://www.defensereview.com/axts-a-...ingergonomics/

Still working on pricing on the AX556 so consideration of a pre-order sale is a little down the road.
    Last edited by axtsweapons; 01-29-11 at 14:25.
    Joshua Underwood
    President
    AXTS Weapons Systems
    Josh@axtsweapons.com
    (503) 893-4624

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I like this receiver, however, is there a reason it's made from billet rather than a forging?

Will there be a "non-waffle" version? I know cosmetics don't make a difference on a fighting carbine, but that's just a bit too much P-Mag ad space

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by axtsweapons View Post
    Vince,

I do not believe any one has run a Stag lefty upper on one yet but there is a picture of one in this article by Defense Review.

http://www.defensereview.com/axts-a-...ingergonomics/

Still working on pricing on the AX556 so consideration of a pre-order sale is a little down the road.
    Any of your preproduction test beds going to running in PNW area 3 gun matches this summer? I'd love to handle one of these beauties.

I happen to have a homeless spanking new upper and Gieselle SD3G trigger right now.....

(Stag lefty upper, WOA 18" SPR barrel, Loki Weapon System 15" freefloat handguard, PWS SM556, optic TBD prob Burris tac30 1-4)

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    I like this receiver, however, is there a reason it's made from billet rather than a forging?

Will there be a "non-waffle" version? I know cosmetics don't make a difference on a fighting carbine, but that's just a bit too much P-Mag ad space
    While were able to integrate the Right hand bolt catch into the standard mil spec forging for the A-DAC-F, on the AX556 and AX762 the outside shape of the receiver had to change to add some of the new controls. While billet lowers are more expensive per peice to manufacture the initial cost to design and build a forging die is very cost prohibitive. At least until there is a high volume demand for a product.

We may offer the lowers in a "non-waffle" version down the road.
    Joshua Underwood
    President
    AXTS Weapons Systems
    Josh@axtsweapons.com
    (503) 893-4624

Quote Originally Posted by serevince View Post
    Any of your preproduction test beds going to running in PNW area 3 gun matches this summer? I'd love to handle one of these beauties.

I happen to have a homeless spanking new upper and Gieselle SD3G trigger right now.....

(Stag lefty upper, WOA 18" SPR barrel, Loki Weapon System 15" freefloat handguard, PWS SM556, optic TBD prob Burris tac30 1-4)
    We may end up with a lower in the PNW 3 gun matches not sure yet. Email or PM me and we can talk about it.

joshu@axtsweapons.com
    Joshua Underwood
    President
    AXTS Weapons Systems
    Josh@axtsweapons.com
    (503) 893-4624

Quote Originally Posted by C45P312 View Post
    I guess I'm just nit picking. It seems they just left the parts I marked red, so it flows with how the pmags look.

And I guess I was asking too much for the right hand bolt release to be much like the BAD Lever where I don't break my master hand grip. I find the mag release/bolt hold open is very innovative! No stress even on my small hands.
    C45P312,

While I have had a number of shooters from large to small hands test out this lower we have had zero complaints as to being able to reach the bolt release from them.

I don't think you are asking too much for you to be able to drop the bolt without breaking you master hand grip. I may have the answer for you already but maybe not. If you look at the pictures of the AX556 and AX762 ( the exact same lowers on the rifles at SHOT ) the AX556 had the Magpul MIAD grip with the large back-strap where the AX762 has the standard MOE grip. This AX556 is my personal weapon and since I have very large hands I use the larger MIAD grip in the biggest configuration. I intended to switch it over to the standard MOE before taking it to SHOT but forgot to. If you only tried the AX556 and not the AX762 then that may have been the issue.

Josh
    Last edited by axtsweapons; 01-31-11 at 16:17.
    Joshua Underwood
    President
    AXTS Weapons Systems
    Josh@axtsweapons.com
    (503) 893-4624

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast