Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: AXTS AX556 lower

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KRAZYKIDDJOE View Post
    I voiced my concerns in the earlier thread on the forged non ambi lower, I will say this, I will most likely purchase a new lower this year, it will at this time be between the Billet AXTS A-DAC lower pictured above or a Knights SR-15E3.

I want the ability to drop the bolt and hold it open on the right hand side. The forged receiver in the other thread to my understanding didn't offer the ability to drop the bolt on the right hand side. I'm game for the ambi that does. Does anyone have a price point for the AMBI Billet lower?

Thanks
    KKJ

SR15 is bolt release only on the right side NOT bolt catch.

So L side is standard bolt catch/release and a mag release. R side is mag release and bolt release.
    Last edited by Belmont31R; 01-21-11 at 20:40.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I want one!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Belmont31R View Post
    SR15 is bolt release only on the right side NOT bolt catch.

So L side is standard bolt catch/release and a mag release. R side is mag release and bolt release.
    Sorry, I should have stated, as of right now, it will be a Knights SR15E3. I understand its a bolt release only... Pending the info on the billet lowers from AXTS, ie price, lower only or lower/upper combo etc. I am very interested in the the Billet Fully ambi lower. While I still think the patented ambi bolt lock/release on the acr/rra .308/xcr would be much better. I think the AXTS is the best attempt so far and will most likely be willing to try one....

KKJ-Standing by.
    Last edited by KRAZYKIDDJOE; 01-22-11 at 04:30. Reason: spelling+night shift= bad

New info on the 100% Ambi A-DAC 15 (5.56)

Here is a link to a pdf file giving a little background on the development of the A-DAC. It also shows some CAD models of our 100% ambi A-DAC 15 (5.56) lower receiver and highlights all the controls and patent pending features.

http://www.axtsweapons.com/axtsADACoverview.pdf
    Joshua Underwood
    President
    AXTS Weapons Systems
    Josh@axtsweapons.com
    (503) 893-4624

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I've been anxiously waiting for updates to show up in this thread. Thanks for posting.

Will the ambi lower have an incorporated trigger guard like it is shown in the CAD drawings you linked to?
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Intregal trigger guard

Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    I've been anxiously waiting for updates to show up in this thread. Thanks for posting.

Will the ambi lower have an incorporated trigger guard like it is shown in the CAD drawings you linked to?
    Yes they will.

The images from our CAD models were made today off of the last design Rev. They are identical to the lowers that have been produced and tested by a number of professional shooters.
    Joshua Underwood
    President
    AXTS Weapons Systems
    Josh@axtsweapons.com
    (503) 893-4624

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Awesome, thanks. I can't wait til they're available to order.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design
    Simplicity is the sign of truth

Feedback Score
    Here it is in action by Josh himself.
    Nice work Josh, cant wait to give mine a workout...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doPOSWg_Vk4

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by axtsweapons View Post
    Here is a link to a pdf file giving a little background on the development of the A-DAC. It also shows some CAD models of our 100% ambi A-DAC 15 (5.56) lower receiver and highlights all the controls and patent pending features.

http://www.axtsweapons.com/axtsADACoverview.pdf
    Would the anti-rotation hammer pin prevent the use/installation of a Geissele trigger?

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast