Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6720s in stock anywhere?

Feedback Score

6720s in stock anywhere?

As the title suggest. I'm looking for a Colt 6720, either l suck at online searching or nobody has them.

Hoping one of you will know somewhere there available in stock. Thanks

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    You can try Clyde Armory or here, http://www.knesekguns.com/commercial/Colt-AR6720 They appear to have some in stock. For how long, who knows. Quite a few of the internet vendors have been out of stock on popular Colts,BCMs,and Daniel Defense carbines. You can put together a BCM version of the 6720 using the BCM 16" Mid-Length Lightweight Upper Receiver Group. They have them in stock finally.

Feedback Score
    Here's another site to try. He's a member here and all around stand up guy.
    http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin...ction&key=6720
    It does appear he's out but he could tell you when and i'm fairly sure where to find one somewhere.
    Last edited by Ghost__1; 02-27-12 at 02:57.
    "I know enough about a lot but enough to get me in trouble none the less." Me

Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post

Believe me, I know about not doing the "popular thing." Be a gear and gun dealer, go onto a tactical gun forum and tell folks to STOP buying crap they don't need.

C4

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Grant mentioned being out ATM, but having a pretty significant shipment on the way in the coming month from Colt - probably the first place you'll see them, and arguably the right price.

If instant ownership is the goal, 6920, but in my mind the 6720 is worth the wait.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TehLlama View Post
    Grant mentioned being out ATM, but having a pretty significant shipment on the way in the coming month from Colt - probably the first place you'll see them, and arguably the right price.
    Yup.
    Pretty sure Grant said he would probably have some in March.

Feedback Score
    I found some in stock thanks.

However, when reading the specs the 6720 is listed as weighing 6.12lbs unloaded and the 6920 is listed at 5.95? What gives?

Am l missing something here or is the "lightweight" 6720 actually heavier than the 6920?

lthanks again.

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)
    Those published weights are incorrect.

These aren't:

Colt 6920 - 6.94 lbs.
    Colt 6720 - 6.14 lbs.

The reduction comes from removing the carry handle and putting on the Matech BUIS, the removal of the side sling swivel and also the slimmer barrel. (Replace the Matech with a KAC and you'll be at exactly 6 lbs.)

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Those numbers are all over the place. Colt catalog lists them as 6.9 and 7.2 pounds. Other sources say other numbers.
    Last edited by g5m; 02-28-12 at 09:57.
    former cat herder

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)
    I am telling you right now not to trust anyone else's numbers—especially manufacturers—unless you've seen them weigh it with your own eyes on a calibrated scale. There are too many variables. (Is their scale a piece of shit $20 special? Did they weigh one with a mag, and one without? Was the mag loaded? What production is it? Is it current small pin w/ H buffer? Does it have an H2 buffer by mistake? Is a sling attached? What about QD swivels and hand guard panels? VFGs?)

I took the rifles out of the Colt factory wrappers and put them on a calibrated $500 scale to measure the weights. Same thing I do with any production rifle.

You can take them or leave them, but my weights are calibrated and correct.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I don't doubt that at all. Just responding to the OP.
    former cat herder

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast