One of my goals for 2011 is taking time to regularly practice and become more proficient with my handguns. That being said, I know consistency is key in virtually all practice and training. My question is, how much of a difference, or more/less effective, does a DAO-type trigger have? I'm running an H&K, so the LEM is an option for my pistol.

I see two different schools of thought with this and agree that both have merit.

School of thought #1:
A consistent trigger pull is better than a non-consistent one, as it allows the user to focus on sight-alignment, not on distracting trigger pulls that can differ; therefore, DAO-type triggers are better.

School of thought #2:
SA/DA triggers are inherent to the design of auto-loading pistols and teach good trigger control. DAO-type triggers in semi-automatics are not necessarily "natural" in their design and are proprietary, resulting in every DAO-type pistol being different in characteristics (creating a problem when transitioning to any other pistol with a different trigger).

I'd like to standardize my trigger options early on and not have to worry about potentially re-learning the pistol later, so I'm trying to decide between SA/DA and DAO/LEM. Opinions?