Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Good 380 B.U.G. ?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 25Chuck View Post
    awm14hp,
    I paid about $240 for the gun itself. Robar was running a sale on their "Norton Special" package when I dropped it off so I believe I paid about $200 for the work done but I'm sure I could dig up the receipt and find the exact price if you are interested.
    No thats great thanks just looking for ball park thats all

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cfrazier View Post
    Take a look at the Sig 232. Its a little big , but is a very reliable 380.
    I don't see the point of carrying a .380 that large when you can carry a single-stack 9mm that is roughly the same size (Walther PPS, Kahr P9/PM9).

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dirksterg30 View Post
    I don't see the point of carrying a .380 that large when you can carry a single-stack 9mm that is roughly the same size (Walther PPS, Kahr P9/PM9).
    It also sucks to shoot. Fixed barrel design sucks ass.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robb Jensen View Post
    Safety caused no issues. I actually like the safety on this gun it positively goes on and off with a solid click either way. For someone wanting a small 9mm I would say yes check it out. They're supposed to make a stainless frame version too personally I'd probably prefer that one.
    How would you say it compares overall to the Kahr PM9?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dirksterg30 View Post
    As the OP wanted information on a 380 BUG I was just infroming him of a possible platform to look at. If he would of asked for information on a 9mm I would have suggested one of the firearms you mentioned above.

Feedback Score
    I have a SIG 230 which is the same size as the 232, but it would not make a great BUG, despite the fact it is a great tack driver.

My BUG .380 is the SIG P238. Great little gun, I've had no problem with it whatsoever. I carry it in an RKBA pocket holster and it conceals well and shoots first time every time.

Feedback Score
    No doubt that, in the same caliber, a blow back pistol will recoil more vigorously than a locked breech weapon. But suck ass? How can a design that has been so widely adopted and copied over the last century suck ass?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by .45fmjoe View Post
    I'm not sure I understand this...H&K P7 is fixed barrel as is Walther PPK series. Always thought this improved the inherent accuracy potential of the design, but willing to be educated to the contrary...

Feedback Score
    Had the Sig p238 in black nitron-sold it. Had the Taurus TCP-sold it. Bought a Ruger LCP-never looked back. I was one of those people that were debating on which BUG to get. I was about to purchase the Kahr p380 but just went with Ruger because the Kahr was too expensive. Let me just say this...unless you are looking for a specific feature that you absolutely need that the Kahr has and the Ruger doesn't, just go for the ruger. But if anyone is on the fence between a ridiculously expensive pocket pistol and the Ruger LCP, go for the Ruger. I guarantee you won't be disappointed. I learned this through buying and selling many pocket pistols.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tricolor View Post
    No doubt that, in the same caliber, a blow back pistol will recoil more vigorously than a locked breech weapon. But suck ass? How can a design that has been so widely adopted and copied over the last century suck ass?
    Locked breach pistols have less noticeable recoil. I couldn't believe how much my friend's 232 recoiled.

My opinion is blow back operated pistols suck because of the recoil!
    Last edited by .45fmjoe; 01-19-11 at 13:19.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast