Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Good 380 B.U.G. ?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Since he's a cop, can he get a Glock G28?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    The PM9, LC9, and what will likley be unveiled by S&W at SHOT are just too big for pocket carry (Unless S&W's 9mm is the same size as a BG .380, which I doubt). For me, this is why I stay with a true mouse gun like the LCP. It can go everywhere with me and nobody will ever know. Like to Christmas dinner with my absurdly liberal family who is disgusted by the fact that I think carrying a gun is a good idea. No need to tuck it in the waistband and wear a shirt over it. Jeans and T-shirt and I'm good.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fail-Safe View Post
    Since he's a cop, can he get a Glock G28?

Why would anyone want to go through all the paperwork to allow the ownership of a Glock 26 sized gun that shoots piss-ant bullets when they could have the same gun in 9mm or .40S&W?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by .45fmjoe View Post
    I'm not so keen on the Diamondback...

http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?...ht=diamondback
    I hope mine works
    Suppose I'll have to track its progress.
    I'd say LCP then OP!

Feedback Score
    I have the LCP and have been very happy with it. It has been 100% reliable and shoots surprisingly well. I know about 25 others with the LCP and there haven't been any issues I am aware of (other than a couple with trouble qualifying but that is operator error). I also have a PM9 and it is now great (had to go back once but has been reliable since) but, while small, it is significantly larger than the Ruger. For my use, BUG on duty, the LCP is the right fit for me. I have played with the Bodyguard a little in the store and it felt good. I'm not a fan of integral lasers though.
    Last edited by gunnut284; 01-14-11 at 01:10.

Feedback Score
    I'd sure try like crazy to make the PM9 work out. I have a Colt Mustang .380 that's a pretty handy little gun, but I've never HAD to drop down to .380, having a PM9 available. I understand that today's .380 ammo is much more effective than the .380 of old, but today's top 9mm ammo is much better yet and the PM9 is, for me anyway, always do-able if a G19/23 or similar is just too much to carry.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DHart View Post
    I'd sure try like crazy to make the PM9 work out. I have a Colt Mustang .380 that's a pretty handy little gun, but I've never HAD to drop down to .380, having a PM9 available. I understand that today's .380 ammo is much more effective than the .380 of old, but today's top 9mm ammo is much better yet and the PM9 is, for me anyway, always do-able if a G19/23 or similar is just too much to carry.
    PM9s hurt when they Kaboom and the blow out panel in the grip slaps the living dogshit out of the palm of your hand.

Ask me how I know.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by .45fmjoe View Post
    PM9s hurt when they Kaboom and the blow out panel in the grip slaps the living dogshit out of the palm of your hand.

Ask me how I know.
    Kabooms with any gun, including a .380, wouldn't be much fun either.
    Last edited by DHart; 01-14-11 at 16:13.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Here's a good reference for dimensions and weights of common mouse guns. I think weight is just as important as size when trying to conceal a firearm.

http://www.mouseguns.com/PocketAutoComparison.pdf
    Last edited by LMT42; 01-14-11 at 19:31.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tpd223 View Post
    Why would anyone want to go through all the paperwork to allow the ownership of a Glock 26 sized gun that shoots piss-ant bullets when they could have the same gun in 9mm or .40S&W?
    Do I think its a good idea? Nope.

Its the same size as the officers off duty Glock, same manual of arms. Also the title of this thread is regarding.380acp.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast