Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Good 380 B.U.G. ?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I just picked up a Diamondback DB380. Unfortunately, I have not had the time to shoot more than a mag through it yet so I cant speak for reliability, but I like the grip, trigger, and sights. Just another one worth looking into. It is the same size as a Keltec or Ruger. Although, most people I know use the LCP with CT laser and none of them have had any problems that I know of.

Last edited by 556mp; 01-12-11 at 20:53.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Very interested in this topic as well since I just started a new job that is in a little more "urban" environment. The office environment makes IWB difficult to pull off, so I'm seriously considering a .380 pocket pistol.

The S&W Bodyguard 380 really has my interest at the moment. What is the general consensus on this relative new comer to the BUG market?

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 556mp View Post
    I just picked up a Diamondback DB380. Unfortunately, I have not had the time to shoot more than a mag through it yet so I cant speak for reliability, but I like the grip, trigger, and sights. Just another one worth looking into. It is the same size as a Keltec or Ruger.
    Is there some relationship between DB and Glock? They look too similar to be a coincidence. Maybe a licensing agreement of some sort?

Feedback Score

Angry

When I went to motors 12 years ago I could no longer carry my back up in an ankle rig. A 38 in the vest has always seemed very lumpy to me. I just switched to the s&w 380 and am very happy with it. It's very shootable and carries better than any gun I've used.

The laser switch is not in a very good position to use quickly so I just don't use it. I've put about 400 rnds through it without issue. The double action is smooth and even (no stacking), although it may be a bit on the long side for some. I started my career with a wheelgun so its not a problem for me.

I cant argue with anyone who says the 380 cartridge is lame though. If I ever get off bikes I'll go back to the 38 on my ankle, but they'll have to drag me from my scooter. I'm very satisfied with it(the gun).
    Last edited by JimmyB62; 01-12-11 at 21:57.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The Ruger LC9 was released today, a better alternative to .380.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Personally, I carry a Sig P238 Nitron everyday. It has worked very well for me, and is much easier to shoot than the LCP. The 238 feels like a .22 in comparison to the LCP, so follow up shots are almost too easy and much faster...which is kind of a big deal in a BUG.

That's just my opinion, of course.

ETA - I have an LCP, my girlfriend carries an LCP, my dad carries an LCP, my little sister carries an LCP, my little sister's fiancee carries an LCP, my best friend carries an LCP and his girlfriend carries an LCP. All of them have worked flawlessly from the factory.
    Last edited by .45fmjoe; 01-12-11 at 22:10.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I have a Ruger LCP and it's ok. I've heard lots of complaints about the sights, but let's face it, this isn't a pistol designed for 25+ yards target shooting. I actually think they are a plus since they are much less likely to snag being they are such a low profile.

Make certain the recoil spring is installed correctly. One end is flared and if installed backwards you'll have malfunctions.

As a personal preference I added a heavier 13lb Wolf recoil spring.

Having said that I would buy a LCP again but I'd also like to try an Kahr 380 and 9mm.

One final thought, paying more for .380 ammo than for 9mm sucks and .380 can be hard to find at times.
    Last edited by philcam; 01-12-11 at 22:20.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cfrazier View Post
    Take a look at the Sig 232. Its a little big , but is a very reliable 380.
    I'll second this. My brother has one and I've handled it a bit. I was quite impressed with it.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The LCP is quite simply an improved Kel Tec. Design wise I think the S&W is far more gun for the money.

Feedback Score
    I've carried a sig p238 for appx. one year. It comes with a decent set of sights and is very enjoyable to shoot. The only training issue to overcome is the manual safety. It is a .380...but I have it on me when I would otherwise have gone without.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast