Thread: Carry HK P-2000?

Feedback Score

Carry HK P-2000?

I have been carrying a P-30 comfortably. Looking for a back up to this pistol, is the P-2000 any more easily carried? I haven't seen or handled one recently. I know it is slightly smaller. Or is another P-30 a better idea? Thanks.

Feedback Score
    43 (98%)
    I personally think it is slightly easier to carry and definitely more comfortable.

The P2000 will accept the P30 mags if I'm not mistaken...get one with the same trigger variant as your P30, get another P30; I don't think there is a wrong answer to this one.

Personally, given the choice between a P2000 or a P30 to carry, I'd go with the P2000 (LEM for me, 9 or 40) as it is more comfortable for me to carry without an undershirt and it is slightly smaller and thus easier to conceal given my wardrobe.
    Last edited by Palmguy; 01-24-11 at 12:06.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    That depends on you...are you having difficulty concealing the P30? If you need a smaller weapon to reduce printing because you've identified a specific issue, a P2000sk with a trigger setup similar to your P30 might well be a good investment. If you're finding that you are unable to pack the P30 in certain circumstances adding another pistol to the battery that gives you the ability to carry in those circumstances isn't a bad idea.

Just make sure you're actually addressing a problem with that attempt, as it's the best way to end up with a happy outcome.

Feedback Score
    I have a 9mm P2000 that has been my primary CCW for a few years.
    Just got a .40 S&W P30 this past year and have started using some it for CCW.
    Both have the LEM trigger.
    The P2000 is marginally smaller but there is not a significant difference.
    Now the P2000 sk is a significant difference, although it is not in same class as say a Kahr PM9, or similar.
    I have a Kahr PM9 and have said before that the P30 and PM9 cover about all my needs.
    Now please don't ask how I decide on any given day which I may carry. It's kind of a zen thing... I just know which one at that precise moment in time and it defies explanation.
    Stay safe.
    Last edited by LDM; 01-24-11 at 12:25.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have a 9mm DA?SA P2000. I bought it last spring to be my summer carry. After I got NP3 covered grip screws for my Beretta 92FS, however - I just kept carrying the Beretta. And, I don't do much with the HK.

But, the HK P2000 is very accurate. I got mine with factory night sights. I was surprised at how accurate it is with a sub 4" barrel. It is a bit shorter than the P30. And, shorter is better for grip length.

I had a 9mm USPc previously, and I shoot the P2000 better.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    The P2K doesn't rub at your skin when you carry it IWB. Other than that, they conceal almost identically.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Have you considered the P2000SK? I carry one daily in .40 S&W with the LEM trigger and absolutely love it.

Feedback Score
    The P2000 is the duty gun for my agency and I carry mine off duty in a Safariland pancake holster.

Feedback Score
    Thanks all. I am going to find one to handle, see if it fits my needs. I have heard the mags will fit, even if they do stick out a little.

Feedback Score

HK

I train with the P30 9mm lem, I either carry the P-2000 in .357 sig lem, or the P-2000sk .357sig with the P-2000 mags lem. Reduced trigger return spring in all three. Had all the grips textured so they all feel similar with regard to grip and trigger press.
    The SK saves a little in length but with the P-2000 mags is the same height. At handgun distance I don't think the sight radius matters much until a walk back. Then I'd like to have the P-30 L