Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Good 380 B.U.G. ?

Good 380 B.U.G. ?

A local LEO and good friend of mine asked my opinion about various 380, semi automatic. I did not have much info to offer him.

I am vaguely Ruger LCP, Keltech, S&W. My Keltech fell apart before I even shot it (never did shoot it). Heard 2nd hand mixed reviews on the Ruger, but mostly positive. The S&W has only been out for a year, but some department testing report were very favorable.

Anyone have experience with these or others they could share ?

Also, his main off duty is a Glock sub compact 40 which I am sure is a better option than any 380. But just looking for suggestions, experiences, and info reguarding 380 single stack auto BUGs.

Thanks in advance,
    Paul
    Last edited by BravoCompanyUSA; 01-12-11 at 17:51.

For the Worlds Best Gunfighter Training
    Please visit http://www.bravocompanymfg.com/gunfighters

www.BravoCompanyUSA.com

www.BravoCompanyMFG.com

1 - 877 - BRAVO CO

Semper Fi !

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BravoCompanyUSA View Post
    A local LEO and good friend of mine asked my opinion about various 380, semi automatic. I did not have much info to offer him.

I am vaguely Ruger LCP, Keltech, S&W. My Keltech fell apart before I even shot it (never did shoot it). Heard 2nd hand mixed reviews on the Ruger, but mostly positive. The S&W has only been out for a year, but some department testing report were very favorable.

Anyone have experience with these or others they could share ?

Also, his main off duty is a Glock sub compact 40 which I am sure is a better option than any 380. But just looking for suggestions, experiences, and info reguarding 380 single stack auto BUGs.

Thanks in advance,
    Paul
    A friend of mine who is a Trooper bought a Ruger LCP for off duty and loves it. I shot it a few times and it worked.
    Pat
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    You are going to get lots of replies saying that the LCP, and possibly the .380, is a piece of shit just to let you know. I however love mine and it has been reliable so far (only about 300 down the pipe, though). Great little gun for when you want to carry when you "cant" carry.

Feedback Score
    Take a look at the Sig 232. Its a little big , but is a very reliable 380.

Feedback Score
    LCP and a good pocket holster. You'll have no problems as long as you run good ammo through it. The only time I've had any problems out of mine was because I was shooting a box of the cheap Wal-Mart Tula. Even then out of 200 rounds there where only 3 FTF, and 1 that was a bad primer.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I got a smoking deal on LCP so I carry that now I did carry a P32 for past 4 years roughly and loved that. I shoot Fiochi (spelling) ball our of both and it groups really well. I love them. Its a bug its not my primary so.

What issues did you have with KT I have shot mine a ton and my friends 380 never any issue but I also made sure I didnt get them in first PROD year so
    Last edited by awm14hp; 01-12-11 at 18:20.

Feedback Score
    love my ruger LCP. it works great.
    I don't collect guns, I accumulate them

Feedback Score
    Don't overlook the Kahr 380. Good trigger, accuracy, recoil and sights for a weapon of this type. I looked at the Keltec, LCP (KT clone), and the Taurus but walked away with the Kahr. I did have a few (<10) FTF during the first 150 rounds but that doesn't seem to be unusual for this pistol or some of the others in this class. 600 rounds so far with no further malfunctions. I'm a southpaw so the Sig wasn't in the contest for me.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I ve shot the Keltec and the LCP and the LCP is far superior. I will be getting one of them in the near future.
    [I]Life is Hard, It is even Harder if You are Stupid.
    John Wayne[/I]

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    My BUG and sometimes primary gun in very warm weather is a Ruger LCP with a Crimson Trace Laser carried in a pocket.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast