Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Member Survey: "Which AR SLING do you use and why?" Thread!

Feedback Score
    Good info here! Thanks and Happy New Years!
    Boston's Gun Bible........ Javelin Press

theomegaman org forum

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    I've used the 3 point, single and the two point. I have the BFG padded sling on all of my guns. It is simple, rugged and comfortabke. I have a BFG Victory (no padding) on one gun.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    I have the padded VTAC sling, but my next one will be a padded VCAS because the Vickers sling only has one tab and I can't tell you how many times I've pulled the wrong tab on the VTAC sling.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I used to have the VTAC but I didn't like how when it was pulled in tight, the one end dangled all about.... if that make sense

Feedback Score
    I had a non-padded vtac on my last carbine that attached on the butt stock and the front sight post. My new carbine has attachments at the butt stock and the rear of the hand guard. I have not had a chance to train like that but it does feel more comfortable for me. My new DD carbine will have the MS2, ASAP and a sling attachment on the rear of the hand guard for now till i work it out. I'm finding a correlation between attachment point and comfort and looking forward to running it to see how it pans out.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Padded VTAC on my SBR and a unpadded on my SBS. I use a VCAS on my Carbine length rifle. The VTAC adjust's easier for me than the VCAS on the SBR. Maybe because of the weight difference. While I dont like the tail on the VTAC, I mitigated that problem so its not an issue. I added a longer pull tab to the release also to help in that area.

Feedback Score
    I also USE the Magpul MS2 sling in conjunction with the standard front AR sling mount and a Magpul ASAP sling adapter plate. I love that it has the metal clip that changes it from 2 point to one point in seconds. I like the "lockjaw" cam that it has on the clip to help prevent it from coming off.

Quote Originally Posted by J8127 View Post
    So the common complaint against the MS2 sounds like it could be solved by a decent pad...any suggestions that don't destroy another sling?
    I have never had any trouble or issues with it being uncomfortable or binding on me/my gear. Granted most of the time I shoot with it, I am wearing a PC or layers of clothing, I'm 5' 10" 180lbs so its not like I already have tons of padding either

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

LBT Adjustable 2-Point

Coming from the perspective of the military, the adjustable 2 point sling, in any variety, was and is what I use. Specifically the London Bridge 330D adjustable two point.

After several years running the adjustable 2-point operationally (first the VTAC unpadded/padded then the LBT), I have found that a rear buttstock mount combined with a forward mount somewhere out of the way of the shooter's forward purchase to be my preferred setup. I find that mounting the sling too close together (barrel nut and receiver endplate) does not allow for sufficient stability of the weapon while conducting 'hands-off' activities (fast-roping, casualty evac, handcuffing, etc...). I feel that was and is a key feature of any sling 'system'- the ability to secure the weapon on your persons and be reasonably assured that it will not go where you do not intend. (That's why I personally will never advocate a 1-point sling for anyone, other than civilians or people who don't carry the weapon for a living.)

I also took issue with the fact that most receiver endplate mounts that I had the ability to try out impeded the use of the charging handle. While I feel the ASAP plate, SLAP plate, et. al, are drastic improvements over 'fixed' receiver endplates (a la VLTOR endplates) , I found it best to keep things that were not intended to be near the charging handle away from it. I am very much a 'simple is better' individual, and what with the lasers and lights and all, managing your kit intuitively becomes a chore if you are fighting things like slings being in your way.

Feedback Score
    magpul sling... easier and faster to transfer from your strong side to your weak side. its convenient and manageable when you really need it to work for you.
    blessed are the peacemakers...

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane1 View Post
    Padded VTAC on my SBR and a unpadded on my SBS. I use a VCAS on my Carbine length rifle. The VTAC adjust's easier for me than the VCAS on the SBR. Maybe because of the weight difference. While I dont like the tail on the VTAC, I mitigated that problem so its not an issue. I added a longer pull tab to the release also to help in that area.
    I tried a VTAC sling after using the BFG and the difference was enough to make me sell it and buy another BFG there is less going on and it just works better for me. Both are top of the line .
    Last edited by usmcvet; 01-04-11 at 19:30.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast