Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Member Survey: "Which AR SLING do you use and why?" Thread!

Feedback Score
    48 (100%)
    Blue Force two point sling because it came with my carbine. No complaints

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I use a BFG padded sling without sewn-in QD swivels. I like the padding because it helps keep the strap from digging into my neck. I don't wear armor or any other gear, so I don't find a problem with the bulk that some folks mention.

I've also tried the Viking Tactics sling, but I didn't like the "loop" or "tail" that was created when I tightened up the sling.
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.

-Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mpom View Post
    I agree, but is that a function of the sling or the attachment points on the firearm? Thought the OP asked about sling choices. Just sayin...

The method of attachment is just as important as the sling itself. You can't discuss one without the other.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    Another Boonie Packer convert here. I went with the Cinchable Two Point Sling (1.25 webbing). It has the quick adjust like the original but also allows you to cinch it at the top of the shoulder if you need to take up the remaining slack (For moving a casualty or other tasks where you want it tight against the body). Some might hate all the extra hardware used to accomplish this (possible extra snagging), but I find the versatility is nice.

http://www.redi-mag.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=27
    Last edited by B52U; 09-19-11 at 10:15.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Have run each of the following:
    • Ares Armor Huskey Amentum
    • VTAC padded
    • VCAS padded

I prefer them in that order. The VCAS felt the most study and I like that both to cinch and release you just have the tab to pull, but I dislike that it isn't as adjustable as the others I've listed and the rifle ended up riding a bit low when not at the ready. I like the VTAC because you can really cinch it tight or let it out, but I dislike that I have to grab two separate things depending on whether I'm letting it out or tightening it.

After my most recent class, I think I've settled on the Huskey Amentum. It's not quite as adjustable as the VTAC (but more so than the Vickers) but it also has only one thing to pull on whether loosening or tightening.
    "Eyes have been referred to as the window to the soul, we prefer to think of them as the funnel to the brain." - Mike Shertz, MD
    "Every trigger has a match trigger at the end of all the bullshit.” - Greg Hamilton

Feedback Score
    I had the same thoughts as you regarding adjustability. I just picked up the Ares Armor Huskey Amentum. It is very good. I am keeping it on my rifle. Thanks for the recommendation.

Quote Originally Posted by zacbol View Post
    Have run each of the following:
    • Ares Armor Huskey Amentum
    • VTAC padded
    • VCAS padded

I prefer them in that order. The VCAS felt the most study and I like that both to cinch and release you just have the tab to pull, but I dislike that it isn't as adjustable as the others I've listed and the rifle ended up riding a bit low when not at the ready. I like the VTAC because you can really cinch it tight or let it out, but I dislike that I have to grab two separate things depending on whether I'm letting it out or tightening it.

After my most recent class, I think I've settled on the Huskey Amentum. It's not quite as adjustable as the VTAC (but more so than the Vickers) but it also has only one thing to pull on whether loosening or tightening.

Feedback Score
    Padded VTAC.

Color "Scorched Earth", because I'm not cool enough for mulitcam but it does make me look like a ninja.

Mounted with a front qd release out half way up on the front rail to a viking tactics low profile mount and a QD release mounted opposite side of the rear of a Vltor Stock.

The front set up allows the rifle to be really low to cover when shot from a junk yard prone because the mount does not stick out from the rifle.

The rear of the sling is mounted on the outside of the stock does 3 things. 1. Allows the rifle to hang lower when transitioning to a pistol. This keeps the stock from hitting my arms and interfering with my pistol presentation vs mounting the rear of the sling to the receiver endplate. 2. It also does a good job of “trapping” the end of the rifle tighter to my body. 3 Allows me to transition shoulders much easier and without having to adjust the length of the sling.

The Vtac Sling also does of an excellent job of increasing stability in different shooting positions (prone, seated, kneeling), by allowing me to cinch the sling down and tightening up my position. Adjustment is easy and by using the Velcro tab I don’t have to worry about the “tail”.

I prefer the padded sling not for comfort but for the fact it does not twist and snag as easy as regular 1 inch slings.

I have found the Vtac to be easier to adjust and offering more range of adjustment than other adjustable slings on the market. The Vtac is the only sling I know of that can be cinched down tight enough to create a stable shooting platform.

The only negative I can think of is the crappy cord that is used for the adjuster. This was promptly replaced with a 550 cord braid that is much more durable and user friendly.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I run a VCAS double A with QD swivels. This is the same sling I run on most of my carbines, whether they be AR variants or others. Most of the shooting I do is on the range, taking carbine courses, or weekends in the field. This sling does everything I want it to do...well. It can be more of a challenge transitioning to weak hand, but that seems to be true for most 2 point slings. The quality and design is excellent as others here have attested.

Last edited by albatrossarmament; 10-11-11 at 12:27.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I run a padded VCAS with QD swivels at both ends. Its connected using a Noveske QD EndPlate on the rear and a GearSector QD mount up front. I like this set up because its comfortable and allows me to transistion and move freely in various positions. It also has a 2 to 1 Tri Glide to allow me to convert from 2 point to single point if I choose.
    Last edited by wahoo95; 10-11-11 at 12:40.

Feedback Score
    I don't own an AR yet* but on my AK i'm running a VCAS padded sling. I like it (Thing is built like a tank) but I wish it had a larger range for quick adjustment. I will be trying out the VTAC sling soon which is looking like the perfect sling for my particular needs.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast