Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: LaRue VTAC Sling versus the Vickers???

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    I have a couple of each, both padded and unpadded versions. I don't think one sling is better than the other just designed a little different and made with different materials. They are by far the two best designed two point slings on the market and either will serve you well.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have both (unpadded versions) and prefer the BFG Vickers. It seems to be made with better quality materials and the tail on the VTAC was a little too long for me.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mjpsyr View Post
    I have both (unpadded versions) and prefer the BFG Vickers. It seems to be made with better quality materials and the tail on the VTAC was a little too long for me.
    My thought as well. The materials used in the BFG Vickers slings are a much higher quality.

C4

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I use the BFG Vickers Victory 2pt Sling, High quality, I've been real happy with it.

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)

Vickers all the way

Had VTAC first (liked the idea of more adjustment). It was ok. But, there was a lot of loose threads and the overall quality of the vickers is, in my opinion, better. It serves my m14 clone quite nicely.

Feedback Score
    I just ordered BFG VTAC push button sling in coyote brown and a DD rail mounted push button sling attachment point.

Feedback Score
    I have 2 VTAC slings and 5 BFG Vickers slings (2 regular, 2 padded, one AK). As others have stated, the tail on VTAC is too long and occasionally gets snagged on other kit. I thought I'd like the VTAC sling, but after a few weeks, I ended up switching back to the Vickers slings, due to ease of manipulation. You can tighten and extend the sling with the same tab, without a tail getting in the way. With the VTAC, you have 2 sets of controls to do the same thing, in 2 different locations, plus you have the tail.
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I own both and they each have their strengths and weaknesses. I use the VCAS model more because not only have I been using that for the past couple of years, I prefer the materials and the lack of a tail over the VTAC model.

I do prefer the VTAC's adjustment over the VCAS'. If someone would create a tail less version that incorporates the VTAC's adjustment system with the VCAS's materials, I'd probably be be interested. JM2CW.
    We must not believe the Evil One when he tells us that there is nothing we can do in the face of violence, injustice and sin. - Pope Francis I

Feedback Score

Thumbs up

As a recent convert I have to throw my 2cents in for the VCAS.

Feedback Score
    I went out to Iraq and forgot my VCAS and ended up buying a VTAC sling at the Liberty PX. Didn't like it much, mainly because the sling would accidentally loosen on me. Had a couple of my VCAS slings mailed out to me and all was well. Kyle definitely put a lot of thought into his sling, but believe the execution suffered a bit in terms of materials used and some of the small parts by 5.11.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234