Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LaRue VTAC Sling versus the Vickers???

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    A friend sent me this photo a year or so ago.

A shot through LaRue/VTAC tail:

It seems as though it can get in the way at times.
    Paul A. Hotaling
    Alias Training & Security Services, LLC
    Paul@aliastraining.com
    757-215-1959 (Mon-Fri 8AM-5PM)
    757-985-9586 (After Hours)
    www.aliastraining.com

Feedback Score
    I've been trying to decide which of these slings to buy, and I figured I'd try them both eventually so I flipped a coin and I'm getting the Vickers first. Now I have to figure out the best way to attach it. I have a standard M4 stock so that end shouldn't be a problem, but I don't have a side sling swivel. I found the wire loop gizmo on the Blue Force Gear website and at G&R and some other places, does anybody have experience with those? It seems like a simple idea and I like that it can be used in a variety of places on the rifle (FSB, at the delta ring, etc).

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gkanga View Post
    I've been trying to decide which of these slings to buy, and I figured I'd try them both eventually so I flipped a coin and I'm getting the Vickers first. Now I have to figure out the best way to attach it. I have a standard M4 stock so that end shouldn't be a problem, but I don't have a side sling swivel. I found the wire loop gizmo on the Blue Force Gear website and at G&R and some other places, does anybody have experience with those? It seems like a simple idea and I like that it can be used in a variety of places on the rifle (FSB, at the delta ring, etc).
    They work very well and are a simple way to give yourself another connection point.

C4

Feedback Score
    How the heck did that happen?

I have switched all but 2 of my guns over to VTAC's now 2 still wear Vickers.

I find the adjusments smoother more fluid, the padded version is great comfort.

they all have there place ...

Feedback Score
    The tail on my Vtac is just NOT that long. I cant possibly see it getting shot. For one, the tail is only out when you have the sling pulled tight to your chest. HOW someone could shoot from that position I dont know, unless the sling wasnt even over their shoulder. When you hit the lanyard and give some slack, the tail is completely gone, sucked up into the quick release buckle/lanyard.

Personally, I like the VTAC quite a bit. I use my m4 for varmint hunting, and we walk FAR. This is by far the most comfortable sling I have ever had with the extra padding, and its a snap to unsnug it with a tug on the lanyard. Works for me!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have both VTAC and the VCAS (well 6 of them). After working with both - my work guns just wear The Blue Force Gear Vickers sling - to me its a better design and less prone to snagging, and made of a better material.

I had a VTAC on a shorty - and I can see how it can get shot, wrapped around your PEQ, stuck in parts of a Blackhawk and generally be a PITA.
    Kevin S. Boland
    Manager, Federal Sales
    FN America, LLC
    Office: 703.288.3500 x181 | Mobile: 407-451-4544 | Fax: 703.288.4505
    www.fnhusa.com

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I use both also. My "work gun" has the VTAC on it, simply because I got it before the VCAS was available. I'm luvky they let me use anything other then the issue 3 point.

While the tail has not been a problem, the buckle can be. Because of where it sits on my body, it has come in contact with gear on my duty belt, mostly my radio antenna, and lossens the sling. Sometimes no big deal, other times, its not fun to have your weapon suddenly fall to your knees.

I think there very little to choose from between the two, and you won't be to far wrong with either one.

Bob

Feedback Score
    bringing this back from the past...

Im also torn between the VCAS or VTAC. I current have a non padded BF with swivels and its OK but I really want a padded unit.

Seems like most operators run the VCAS but both Noveske and Larue run VTAC.

I like to know which one is more comfortable? as Im just a varmint blaster.

VTAC unit is 19" x 2" section of closed-cell foam.

VCAS doesnt really say

Also some have complained about the VCAS being to long, do they now make a revised shorter version????

Grant and other operators, please chime in....

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

VTAC and Vickers

Well I own both. I have more shooting with the VTAC as I have owned them for years. I know nothing about the quality of nylon so I will refrain from stating wich one uses better material than the other. I do like the rough texture of the Vickers sling, it seems to keep sling from sliding as much. Important, mabey, mabey not. After all I am a buffet comando at best.
    Matt

Feedback Score

VCAS v. VTAC

I've used both the VTAC and and VCAS.

I prefer the (padded) VCAS for the following reasons:

-The VCAS is more comfortable because it's wider and thicker than the material used for the VTAC. The difference is not insignificant.

-It can be difficult to find/reach the adjustment on the VCAS, especially if you are are wearing kit that restricts the range of motion of your support arm.

-The tail on the VTAC gets stuck in kit and interferes with the use if kit (re-inserting a portable radio in its pouch, re-inserting a flashlight in its pouch, etc.).

-The VCAS can be obtained with swivel and pad variations not offered in the VTAC.

Recommend you beg/buy/borrow both and try them under realistic and varied conditions to make your decision.

HTH,

S

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast