Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LaRue VTAC Sling versus the Vickers???

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by utarch00 View Post
    I am seeing the BFG Vickers selling for $50 and the Viking Tactics selling for $40.

I just checked again...

The Viking Tactics VTAC LR2 from LaRue is $70.00 on the LaRue Web Site.

The Blue Force Gear Vickers "VCASSW" 2 Point Sling with 2 QD Swivels is $55 from Grant at G&R Tactical.com. This is the rig I have decided to get because I have seen too many complaints about the length that the "Tail" gets as it is drawn tight on the LaRue setup.

I am opting to have a QD Rail Mount for the Front swivel, so I am going with LaRue for their QD Rail Mount #LTFSA fo $32.00. Either way you need a way to mount to the front end of the weapon, and I prefer QD.

I know Grant has the Daniels Defense Rail mount, but I prefer LaRue.

Tack

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    I personally prefer the BFG Vickers sling as I believe it is better designed, uses better material's and is also cheaper. The QD swivels on the BFG Vickers PB model are not your ordinary old UM's swivel. These are specially designed by BFG and are made just for them.

C4

Grant...what is the QD Mount System on the Buffer Tube? Where can I get it??? Do you carry it?

Tack

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by toddackerman View Post
    Grant...what is the QD Mount System on the Buffer Tube? Where can I get it??? Do you carry it?

Tack
    That is the DD Car QD mout. We sell them on our DD page.

C4
    Last edited by C4IGrant; 08-16-07 at 14:10.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by utarch00 View Post
    I am seeing the BFG Vickers selling for $50 and the Viking Tactics selling for $40.
    VTAC with swivels $69: http://stores.homestead.com/Laruetac...2F+Rail+Covers

VICKERS with swivels $55: http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin...&category=BFGE

C4

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Grant, PM sent.

Feedback Score
    Ok ran my vtacs today I really see no issue with the tail, assualted the house and range today..

but again I use and run both (BFGLAV) nad VTAC so Im covered.

but that padded vtac is great.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If you don't want swivels, you can get the VTAC through Blackhawk for as low as $25, and the padded version for $30.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    ... better designed, uses better material's and is also cheaper.
    Its clear that Sgt Vickers and Ashley Burnsed knew exactly what they were going for with the design and execution of the VCAS. Comparing the two slings is almost apples and oranges from a material standpoint.

Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I briefly tried the VCAS and found it difficult to adjust, the material seemed to add some friction to prevent it from sliding easily. I ended up giving it away to another shooter at the Low Light class in May.

I switched to the padded Larue/VTAC and find that it adjusts much more easily.

Very natural after having an ALICE rucksack with a similar release mechanism for several years. The "tail" on the VTAC occasionally gets in the way but otherwise hasn't been anything other than a minor annoyance and that usually only happens when doing cross shoulder transitions. If you use it in the normal support arm through position its fine.

As far as quality of material I like the VTAC better as it feels more comfortable to me.

YMMV

Feedback Score
    I have used the Vickers sling and prefer it over all other slings. The stiffness that was in the sling when I first attached it to the carbine went away with use. It's also very well made.
    Fernando Coelho

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast