Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: M&P22 fullsize

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Thanks azaitor, the sparrow is an interesting design. I'll see if Grant carries these. I still may hold out for the surefire, hopefully it's not vaporware. It specs a little better db and saw a report there's no frp. Might not be as easy to clean though.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    ok you've had half an hour - I know you already put some rounds through it. what's it like???
    never push a wrench...

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ra2bach View Post
    ok you've had half an hour - I know you already put some rounds through it. what's it like???
    LOL, from what I have seen, they are very reliable.

C4

Feedback Score
    That is a great price on these pistols.
    Visit www.damatocustomstippling.com for all of your polymer stippling needs.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I've run about 600 rds through mine, value pack some rem, no ftf issues. I'm able to hit the 1.5" spinner at 25yds, it's more accurate than I am for sure. Trigger on mine is 5lbs 1oz. I wouldn't hesitate to buy, G&R is the best way to go.
    Last edited by jmp45; 04-11-12 at 13:36.

Feedback Score
    About 300 rounds thru ours without any issues. Daughter loves it over the 22/45 she shot before. magazines are easy to load and change. Very good 22 trainer/plinker for the money.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I've had one since January. Mine hates remington golden bullets but has been flawless with Federal Bulk.

I hate the rear sight but haven't gotten around to switching it out for a stock M&P one.....a stock M&P rear sight will fit these guns right?

Very fun gun.....when the ATF lets me take my SS Sparrow home from the FFL it'll be even more fun

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I bought one of these for my wife 2 months ago. With the new baby at home we don't have near as much time to shoot as we use to so we have only got 300 rounds through it so far. Its been flawless with Mini-mags but has had some hiccups with Federal bulk. Haven't tried anything else in it yet. The trigger is pretty good considering its a .22 DAO gun and it is very accurate as others have attested to. I think its a good buy for the money and could be a valuable training asset for getting some trigger time on the cheap.
    "The only defense against violent evil people are good people who are more skilled at violence" - Rory Miller

Feedback Score

Impressed

For the first time I got to shoot the M&P22 two weekends ago from a S&W mfg rep. (There were many mfg's there at the LGS&R). My friend got the M&P22 and I went to the Sig booth and got the Sig 1911-22 (he already owns one) so we could test the two together. I must say I really liked the M&P22. I like the Sig, but I really liked the M&P22.

However I'm on the fence waiting for an Apex 22lr conversion. I did go to Armslist and look for them in my area though and I found a good price on a used one, but he must of sold it since he never got back to me.
    Even after I sent it, I was still wishy washy if I should buy it. Now if I had the money I would actually of already bought one before, but more likely two weeks ago online since I liked it that much after shooting it.

I still think it makes more sense to get the Apex conversion though, FSS & Trigger with an Apex top end. I assume that they're going to make a point to make it very accurate. Since they're doing the Bar-Sto barrel, then you know it matters to them and I'm very, very happy with the FSS & Trigger. Also like others have said, you can use the backstrap that you currently use now. For me the M&P22 fits very well though. The two main things I don't like about it is the fixed barrel and have to be very careful changing out the sights if you want to. Not a big deal deal, but it's nice to be able to have an option of another barrel and same exact sight dimensions for both sights.

It is the funnest 22lr I've shot though. I liked it better than my Buckmark and S&W 17-4 22lr revolver. I've also shot that Sig 1911-22, Ruger 22lr revolver, Ruger MKIII and Ruger 22/45 and Browning Challenger and I'm sure a few others that I can't think of.
    Last edited by Skunk Pilot; 04-16-12 at 00:12.
    "The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." Thomas Jefferson

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast