Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Heinie vs Warren Tactical sights

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

Heinie vs Warren Tactical sights

If anyone has experience with both please chime in on what you prefer and why. Currently looking for sights for an M&P, might go 2-dot might not. Supposedly the heinie sights have a smaller rear sight notch that makes it slower to get lined up.

Feedback Score
    43 (98%)
    I have both Heinie Straight-8 ledge sights and Warren Tactical 2-dot sights on my Glocks. In the dark they both look the same except the Warrens have a yellow rear with green front. In the light the Warrens are easier as the front sight has a large white outline around the dot. However, I do appreciate the serrations on the front and rear sights of the Heinies. The Warrens are a bit cheaper and shipped right away. The Heinies cost about $15 more and took 3 weeks to arrive as they were out of stock at the time.

The rear sight notch on my Heinies is the same width as my Warrens, the front blade on my Heinies is a teeny bit thinner. I don't have a real preference for one over the other.
    Last edited by operator81; 04-02-10 at 18:00.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I prefer the Warrens. I use the plain black rear with the green tritium front. The Heinie sights are not bad either I just didn't see any reason to switch.
    Only hits count......you can not miss fast enough to catch up

"I'm just a one man army waging jihad against shitty ARs, one rifle at a time." Will Larson (IraqGunz) I miss you my friend

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)
    I don't favor one over the other. However I do prefer one or the other. These are the only sights use on my G19's and M&P9's. The 3 dot sights are to busy for my 50yr old eyes. I also prefer the wider rear sight notch's available from either maker.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I have them both. I prefer the U notch on the Warren rear sight. I have the Qwick sights on my HK45C and to me the Heinies appear to be higher quality. I wish I could have the Heinie front with a white ring, serrated in combination with the Warren rear without the rear dot. All done in Heinie quality.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    I have used both and I prefer the Heinie "Ledge" (.140).

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    Have both prefer Warren.

imo, intuitively and instinctly creates an natural apex for sight picture while allowing for better background vision/target-threat assessemnt.

Feedback Score
    The Warren's are working quite well for me...

Feedback Score
    I'm quite satisfied with the Warren's I chose for my G34-the black-on-black Tacticals, with the rear face of the front sight painted with Testor's Neon Green (with white Liquid Paper being used as a base coat) for a very fast front sight acquisition.

Best, Jon
    Last edited by JonInWA; 04-03-10 at 12:57.

Feedback Score
    Sorry-double post.
    Last edited by JonInWA; 04-03-10 at 12:57.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast