Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: In need of help. Malfunctioning parts gun with XM855

Feedback Score

In need of help. Malfunctioning parts gun with XM855

I had a crazy kind of malfunction today. I had fte malfunctions everytime I pulled the trigger on a m855 round. The extractor ripped the edge of the rim off, but the casing was stuck in the chamber. This ar operated flawlessly with multiple mags of m193, yet every round of m855 would get stuck in the chamber. My Colt ran both of these rounds flawlessly during the same session. Do you think this is an out of spec chamber, a weak extractor, or the ammo maybe?

In the pics below, you can see the malfunction. I had m193, and m855 loaded alternately. The m855 is stuck in the chamber with a m193 jammed under it.

20161113_122441.jpg20161113_122507.jpg

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

In need of help.

Sounds like an ammo issue to me. Try the 855 in another AR. If it happens there too, contact the manufacturer of the ammo.

ETA... Whoops, missed the part about them working in your Colt.
    Last edited by Ryno12; 11-13-16 at 17:09.
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Since it works in your Colt, I'm leaning towards an out of spec chamber. Who is the manufacturer? Also, hard to see in your pic but is that a flattened primer on the stuck case?
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Configuration details would be helpful. With extraction troubles start diagnosis with a freshly scrubbed chamber (chamber brush), inspection of the extractor to be sure the extractor groove is intact and a proper extractor spring w/insert is used, like a Colt, Wolff, BCM. If you're experiencing extraction problems with 5.56 and not .223, the chamber may be cut at or closer to .223 specs. It's interesting that M193 ran okay and the M855 choked, but ran okay in the Colt. If it does not resolve, I would suspect the barrel and would chat with the manufacturer.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    So here's the problem. Said ammo works in another gun with no issues. Different ammo works in this upper with no problems. You could probably help us out buy giving a breakdown on the parts used (barrel, BCG, buffer, etc..).

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodlord77 View Post
    I had a crazy kind of malfunction today. I had fte malfunctions everytime I pulled the trigger on a m855 round. The extractor ripped the edge of the rim off, but the casing was stuck in the chamber. This ar operated flawlessly with multiple mags of m193, yet every round of m855 would get stuck in the chamber. My Colt ran both of these rounds flawlessly during the same session. Do you think this is an out of spec chamber, a weak extractor, or the ammo maybe?

In the pics below, you can see the malfunction. I had m193, and m855 loaded alternately. The m855 is stuck in the chamber with a m193 jammed under it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    So here's the problem. Said ammo works in another gun with no issues. Different ammo works in this upper with no problems. You could probably help us out buy giving a breakdown on the parts used (barrel, BCG, buffer, etc..).
    In addition to what IG said...

You are using genuine USGI M193 and M855? Or XM193 and XM855? Or something M193-ish and M855-ish?
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    complete bushmaster lower with h buffer and sprinco spring. Bushmaster upper with yhm barrel and bcm carrier and bolt. Didn't know if i should list manufacturers as I haven't contacted anyone about the issue. I was using xm855, and xm193. It is not a flattened primer in the pic, its the rim edge peeled back. Could an excess amount of grease cause the extractor to slip off? When i tapped the casings out with a cleaning rod, they came out rather easily. Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by bloodlord77; 11-13-16 at 18:05. Reason: Typo fix

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I'm leaning towards the chamber.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    What excess grease are you referring to OP?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ColtSeavers View Post
    What excess grease are you referring to OP?
    I had the bcg sort of generously greased with machine & tool grease. When I disassembled the rifle, some grease was on the bolt face and extractor.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast