Page 7 of 256 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Watches

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by uranus View Post
    It's even bigger than my Omega Seamaster.
    That's big.
    I have one of those, and like it, but hate banging it into half the door openings I walk through.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1SFG View Post
    that's a good looking watch uranus. that would suit me nicely for day-to-day wear. how does one go about creating/purchasing such a watch? my daily wear is a suunto vector - this would be a step up for me in the watch world...
    TTBOMK, simply purchase a Monster (or the Seiko diver's watch of your preference), order the parts from MKII, and send the watch and parts to one of the three authorized assemblers listed on MKII's site.

For me, since I plan to change the face, I didn't need the Orange Monster and could have saved some money buy purchasing the Black Monster.

Here are some links:

MKII

http://www.mkiiwatches.com/CategoryP...om+Services%29

Northeast Watch Works

http://www.newatchworks.com/

International Watch Works

http://www.angelfire.com/blues/andca...Firstpage.html

Feedback Score
    My current work watches.

Guess which one I use on flyaways?
    Last edited by Pablo; 09-19-07 at 19:41. Reason: want to edit
    Patriot, Gun Owner, Infidel -- and proud of it.

Feedback Score

Jamie Foxx's watch in "The Kingdom"

Anyone know what he was wearing? I liked the slimness of it but also liked how large the face was. I was guessing it was a Casio but couldn't find it on their site.
    "Most standards are set low to accomodate the bottom feeders of life who lack the personal pride, motivation and determination to rise above the rest." - Paul Howe

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm going to guess it's a Casio Pathfinder Solar Atomic, but at 14.4mm thick, they're not what I'd call thin. There is a "thin" Pathfinder, but they're still 11mm or so thick. In the promo shot he's wearing it halfway up his forearm, which may help make it look thinner than it is.

http://pathfinder.casio.com/watches/...ing/PAW1200-1V
    Principles matter.

Feedback Score
    I have a pathfinder. kind of handy (compass) when outdoors and kind of a novelty (temp and barometric press.)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by subzero View Post
    I'm going to guess it's a Casio Pathfinder Solar Atomic, but at 14.4mm thick, they're not what I'd call thin. There is a "thin" Pathfinder, but they're still 11mm or so thick. In the promo shot he's wearing it halfway up his forearm, which may help make it look thinner than it is.

http://pathfinder.casio.com/watches/...ing/PAW1200-1V
    Thanks for the quick ident Subzero. Some of the features are unnecessary for me so I'll keep looking.
    "Most standards are set low to accomodate the bottom feeders of life who lack the personal pride, motivation and determination to rise above the rest." - Paul Howe

Feedback Score
    I bought a Luminox dive watch and wear it every day. It is awesome. I swim with it nearly every day and look forward to buying their titanium version so I have something more dressy to wear. I love the fact that I can tell the time under water or in the dark of night. The bezel is crystal clean and unscratched.

From my perspective, unless you are buying a watch with the bezel filled with diamonds or precious gems and can easily afford it, it is not worth it. I have never asked anyone, "Hey, can I look at your watch and see who made it?" Most people won't notice who made your watch and if they knew it was a Rolex, chances are they would think it is a fake.

Buy yourself a reliable watch that looks like you want it to. Get your money's worth, whatever you decide on.

Feedback Score
    At $1k.... I'd go for an OMEGA or Seiko.

I've loved all my Seikos... and at around $300 you really can't go wrong.

Jorgy

Feedback Score
    fyi, the days of a $1K Omega are long gone.
    Yup, I'm a Dinosaur!

Page 7 of 256 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast