Page 69 of 256 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119169 ... LastLast

Thread: Watches

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cinco View Post

Thanks to this thread I purchased an Orient Mako. I could not be happier. Quality is excellent and time keeping is very good for an automatic. Seems to be a favorite for many people for a "practical" watch. For $113 it looks great and I won't cry to hard if damaged or I lose it doing water work/play.

The Mako is a good watch. I had a black one. Got it "used" but still wrapped up in plastic, boxes and all for $100.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Have been rockin a Russian Vostok Amphibian http://www.ebay.com/itm/RUSSIAN-VOST...item2c678a7e08 for 6months now. So far so good, I only free dive (ex chain-smoker so 25-30ft max on good day after eatn Wheaties) but wanted HD watch that could take the abuse of work and play. Plus its self-winding mechanical (no battery to run out), 31 ruby jeweled movement. Only diving/punch pole'in a handful days out the year, so I had to justify it as my SHTF watch to wife. You gotta be able to tell the time in the "Zombie-economic Apocalypse". Used, and have only heard good things about this Ebay Vostok dealer in link. Its straight from Russia so be ready for 3-4week wait, but its worth it for quality/price.
    ^^ Read with southern accent !^^ and blame all grammatical errors on Alabama's public school system.
    Technique is nothing more than failed style. Cecil B DeMented
    "If you can't eat it or hump it, piss on it and walk away."-Dog
    Go where the food is.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I just picked up a Bombfrog. I'll post pictures when it gets here. I wanted a no frills tritium dive watch. It's WR to 300m so I'm assuming it'll be fine, we'll see. Apparently they're designed by a German ex-frogman.

I also backed a similar watch on Kickstarter called the "Sans 13." It was supposed to be tritium but I guess they couldn't source the tubes and get their regulatory ducks in a row so it's got some combo tube/paint phospho lume. Both watches look similar to the SandY P650's. I was originally looking for one of those but I've heard they have issues with the bezels being a little too easy to turn.
    I'm not cool. I just do this stuff for fun.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    There is some other Russian watch the guys on an audio forum I used to visit liked a lot. I think it was Poljot or something similar. I believe they were 25 jewel. Also they specifically like certain ones that had certain movements.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyC View Post
    I just picked up a Bombfrog. I'll post pictures when it gets here. I wanted a no frills tritium dive watch. It's WR to 300m so I'm assuming it'll be fine, we'll see. Apparently they're designed by a German ex-frogman.

I just looked at their website. Pretty sweet watch for only a couple of hundred Euros. I'll look forward to the pics.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tb-av View Post
    There is some other Russian watch the guys on an audio forum I used to visit liked a lot. I think it was Poljot or something similar. I believe they were 25 jewel. Also they specifically like certain ones that had certain movements.
    I must admit I know very little about watches and even less about Russian watches. I was told it was the only durable dive(200m)/mechanical for under 100$. Plus they were the original USSR military/KGB supplier http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vostok_watches
    ^^ Read with southern accent !^^ and blame all grammatical errors on Alabama's public school system.
    Technique is nothing more than failed style. Cecil B DeMented
    "If you can't eat it or hump it, piss on it and walk away."-Dog
    Go where the food is.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)

Deutschland, Deutschland über alles....
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    51 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post

Deutschland, Deutschland über alles....
    Isn't that bullet loaded backwards??

I like the watch though. Simplistic.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by steyrman13 View Post
    Isn't that bullet loaded backwards??

I like the watch though. Simplistic.
    Explanation.

And having now done it myself, I'm impressed that H&K's marketing people were able to pull it off. It might be easier with the 40 than the 9mm, though.

ANYWAY.

That's the most expensive watch I've ever owned. It keeps the worst time of any watch I've ever owned.

And it's my favorite watch.

(That being said, the only other watches I have are a Luminox, a Suunto, and a Skagen. And until today, that NOMOS is the only watch I've worn all year.)

ETA: Now that I think about it, I should have loaded the H&K's mag with some RUAG ammo I have... Oh well.
    Last edited by MountainRaven; 09-07-13 at 17:58.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    51 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    Explanation.

And having now done it myself, I'm impressed that H&K's marketing people were able to pull it off. It might be easier with the 40 than the 9mm, though.

ANYWAY.

That's the most expensive watch I've ever owned. It keeps the worst time of any watch I've ever owned.

And it's my favorite watch.

(That being said, the only other watches I have are a Luminox, a Suunto, and a Skagen. And until today, that NOMOS is the only watch I've worn all year.)

ETA: Now that I think about it, I should have loaded the H&K's mag with some RUAG ammo I have... Oh well.
    Haha. I guess to display how awesome the hk is... It can even fire with the ammo loaded backwards!

Page 69 of 256 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119169 ... LastLast