Page 59 of 256 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109159 ... LastLast

Thread: Watches

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    My cheap camera doesn't do this watch justice. I replaced the "jubilee" bracelet with a "Super Oyster" bracelet and this $125 Seiko SKX007 looks almost as good as a Submariner.

Love the Seiko auto so much, I had to get the 033 when I found one for sale by a fellow forum member. I'm going to replace the bezel with a black one from yobokies to get that Submariner look again.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

Angry

Sam

Who made the band? I've been looking at Yobokies super oyster.

Looks good and comfortable.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    Sam

Who made the band? I've been looking at Yobokies super oyster.

Looks good and comfortable.
    Thank you. The super oyster is solid and heavy, kinda like wearing a Marathon SAR .

I got the band from "wjean" in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It took exactly 10 days from order to delivery, US Customs is very slow.

I'm ordering a bezel insert from Harold/yobokies for my 033. Once that one is done, it will look even more like the Rolex Submariner because the crown is at the usual 3 o'clock position.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    I'm love watches like some women love shoes. No idea why. Cheap or expensive, doesn't matter, if I like the design/style then I want it.
    Last edited by ssracer; 09-22-11 at 21:28.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Has anyone ever used Chrono World? It looks like they are in Japan. They have the GSAR in stock it would seem. Im hoping I can get a buddy to order the GSAR straight from Marathon but if not this may be the only option without waiting possibly months for County Comm to get them back in stock.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    While perusing Watchrecon for a GSAR, I came across a neat looking Alpha 24hr Mil. I've never heard of them, and the price was inexpensive. It's an automatic, and the watch is interesting with the 24hr face. I thought about picking it up for shits and giggles and to wear with jeans, etc.

Anyone ever heard of Alpha?

I don't expect much for the price, but don't want to piss away money on a POS either.

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    I've been in market for a good watch for about a year now, and can't quite find something that I really like (that I can afford...)

My problem is that I have very expensive tastes (something like a Rolex Submariner...), that my budget can't allow right now...

I've been looking for a watch that looks about as nice, but for a bit lower price, and can't come up with anything.

I'm looking to spend one thousand or under, and any suggestions would be appreciated.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RD62 View Post
    Anyone ever heard of Alpha?
    Alpha makes cheapo knockoff watches. I wouldn't waste my money on one.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaSierra View Post
    I've been in market for a good watch for about a year now, and can't quite find something that I really like (that I can afford...)

My problem is that I have very expensive tastes (something like a Rolex Submariner...), that my budget can't allow right now...

I've been looking for a watch that looks about as nice, but for a bit lower price, and can't come up with anything.

I'm looking to spend one thousand or under, and any suggestions would be appreciated.
    I landed on a Debaufre/Steinhart Ocean 1 and I LOVE it. I had a blue 42mm and a green/black 39mm but gave them both up when I got my all black 39mm. It's a bit of a step back in a world where big watches are what's in, but it's classic, it's cool and it looks like a million bucks.
    Principles matter.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by subzero View Post
    I landed on a Debaufre/Steinhart Ocean 1 and I LOVE it. I had a blue 42mm and a green/black 39mm but gave them both up when I got my all black 39mm. It's a bit of a step back in a world where big watches are what's in, but it's classic, it's cool and it looks like a million bucks.
    Thanks for the info.

I have to admit, that is one nice looking piece...

Do you wear yours every day?

How long have you had it, and how well is it holding up?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by subzero View Post
    Alpha makes cheapo knockoff watches. I wouldn't waste my money on one.

Thanks for the heads up. I'd never heard of them before. Thanks for saving me a couple $$.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Page 59 of 256 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109159 ... LastLast