Page 51 of 256 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Watches

Feedback Score
    I bought a Citizen Eco-Drive about 3 years ago for myself when I sold 17 cars for the first time in a month as kind of a accomplishment gift to me! I absolutely love it! It was $500. I know you are looking at spending more then that but where I live everyone questions why I would spend that much on a watch so I feel like a high roller!

Last edited by michschi; 03-07-10 at 12:10.

Feedback Score

back from the dead

Saw this line today at Tourneau...

http://www.bremont.com/collection_S500.php

They represented well in person.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Feedback Score
    GLOCK PREFECTION

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    This is a Luminox that I bought over 10 years ago. I think it was $250-300 new. Money well spent.

The factory stainless band pooped the bed recently, so I got some 22mm pins and put a Zulu strap on it. I think it'll do another 10 years just fine.

I took this one to better illustrate the battle damage.

I didn't build this post. Somebody else made that happen.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dojpros View Post
    WAG (wild ass guess)- Citizen Blackeagle Skyhawk
    That's what I've got. It's been an awesome watch for going on 4 years now. The battery has been discharging rather quickly lately - think it's time to send it in for a checkup.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Ball Offcial Standard

Anyone know anything about these watches?

http://www.ballwatchusa.com/

I saw them in the underwater video tampam4 posted.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Balls time... Interesting company history, although not really the same company any longer. Swiss made, ETA movements, many COSC certified, tritium gas tubes, most models highly shock, water, and magnetic resistant. All-in-all lots to like.

I have an old Ball Waltham railroad pocket watch. Don't have a modern one, yet , but have had my eye on an Engineer II Ohio or Engineer Hydrocarbon Classic III.

I would love to hear from someone with some experience with modern Ball watches.
    My fear is that ahh, the whole island will ahh, become so overly populated, that it will tip over and ahh, and capsize...
    Hank Johnson (D) GA YouTube

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LockenLoad View Post
    ever heard of the word elitist,
    Why would he be an elitist for enjoying the finer things in life? Aint that one of the reasons we work hard? I have been (jokingly) called an elitist for preferring the best made 1911 I can get my hands on while my friends would rather have 3 glocks for the cost of the one 1911. For those who are big into watches (the art and science of horology) it's a love of a piece of art that tells time. If you got the $$$, and you love watches, then it's a great "hobby."

People into watches, look at the movements and "complications" which refers to "any feature beyond the simple display of hours, minutes, and seconds" on the watch.

Some people view watches as something that just tells time, just as some see cars as thing that gets you from A -> B, and guns as tools that go bang. Some becomes very involved with these gizmos and everyne has at least one "hobby" that makes them happy.

If he said lesser expensive watches suck, and only X brand costing Y $$$ was worth having, then I would agree with the elitist statement.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Well said Will.

I also enjoy the mechanical genius of the automatics and how Harrison's invention of the first true "chronometer" changed navigation forever.

Breguet's invention of the tourbillion still blows my mind
    "First gett'n shot, then gett'n married... baaaad habits"

"If you're gonna subscribe to hero worship, at least worship a real hero."
    M4Guru

Gal 2:20

Page 51 of 256 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast