Page 21 of 256 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast

Thread: Watches

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mung View Post
    I have this watch. Don't have a pic. What's the general consensus of Tag Heuer watches?
    I like it, but it's been sitting in a drawer w/ a dead battery that I'm too lazy to replace.
    Oh, that watch....

It's a total piece of crap. You may as well send it to me to dispose of.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by truthseeker View Post
    Those Marathon's just have a manly look to them. I ordered a JSAR. I want too see if a watch can really be too big.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Creature View Post
    Seiko still makes a great watch...

Still easily "replaceable" if you manage to lose them. And it wont cost an arm, a leg,...and one testicle.
    I have one and love it. A great value at ~$50.
    Best Regards,
    28_days

Feedback Score
    I've got a GSAR and a Navigator's. There are some pictures a few pages back, but here's a couple more.

I've only been down about 20 feet with the GSAR, but I do a fair bit of shooting with both of them as well as the general work stuff. They are both going strong.

I just got a GSAR about a week ago, it is a DAMN good looking watch. I haven't gotten the bracelet fitted yet, so I'm still wearing the rubber strap, which I also like very much. I'm glad it's so easy to change between them.

I'll take some pictures eventually, but for now here is more T-Touch (and what it replaced):

Feedback Score
    i wear a Tag Heuer Link....

its a nice simple watch with classic tag styling.
    http://www.tagheuer.com/the-collection/link/index.lbl

or i wear a Citizen aqualand duplex

or a Skagen titanium....

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by demigod View Post
    Those Marathon's just have a manly look to them. I ordered a JSAR. I want too see if a watch can really be too big.
    Well, this guy has a 7" wrist....

For comparison, here's a GSAR on my 7 3/4" wrist...

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Well, this guy has a 7" wrist....

Oh my God! My wrist is not much bigger. I don't think I'll be able to sneak this one past the wifey.

Also, truthseeker... Where do you send your watch to have a battery replaced on a non - automatic SAR watch? Does it have to go back to Marathon?
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The Navigator's just has a back plate that you can pop off with a small screwdriver. Then you need a teeny little (technical term) phillips to take off the clip holding the battery. Fairly easy other than the small tools. The TSAR needs a spanner-type wrench, but most jewelers should be able to handle it without a problem. I've always just gone down to the local mall and hit all the stores until I find one with a real live jeweler working, and they fix me up. There are exceptions, of course, but most of the "salespeople" I've run into don't know what the hell they're doing, so I don't let 'em touch my stuff.

Also, FWIW, I think not having the tritium is a deal-breaker on the JSAR, regardless of whether the size is right or not.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Also, FWIW, I think not having the tritium is a deal-breaker on the JSAR, regardless of whether the size is right or not.
    Really? Apparently some people specifically DON'T want the tritium. I'm not sure why.

My black monster easily glows all night and can be read in the dark early morning hours.... so I'm not too picky on the lume.

Feedback Score

Damn, that thing should be hanging from Flava Flav's neck! Wow.

Just curious, am I the only nerd who still wears a Luminox?

Page 21 of 256 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast