Page 13 of 256 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Watches

Feedback Score
    I must be weird, I haven't owned a watch in over 30 years.
    The devil danced as he went down
    In the hail of arrows comin'
    Out on the wild Montana ground,
    Custer died a-runnin'.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Scattergun View Post
    I must be weird, I haven't owned a watch in over 30 years.

I don't think I have been a day without a timepiece in the last 30 years.

Feedback Score

My contribution and first post.

Last edited by MIKE G; 05-06-17 at 15:02.

Feedback Score
    I like Seiko divers. The 200m automatic on my wrist right now is around 12 years old, has seen hundreds of dives, as well as some parachuting & helo rappelling. Only within the last couple of months has it started to run fast...like picking up an extra hour per day. To its credit, it's seen a lot of abuse, and has never been serviced.

I have a vintage Seiko 300m "Tuna" Pro out being serviced right now, so when I get it back, the 200m auto is going to get some TLC.

For the $1k range, you can get some of the most desirable vintage Seiko divers: the 600m and 1000m Tunas. Big, impressive looking/feeling watches, built to withstand serious commercial-grade diving conditions. I'd guess that means they'd take anything you could dish out on dry land as well.

Here's my Tuna (one just like it, actually):

Here's a 600m:

Feedback Score
    I've allways wanted a Seamaster. Where should I be looking to get a reasonable price?
    "So have your buddy get a box of stray cats and try to get a good sight picture while he is throwing the cats at you... naked." - KLD

Get yours news at Presscheck.org!

Feedback Score

Seamaster?

New or used.

I recommend Timezone.com

I recommend a gently used Seamaster. I sold one a while back in 90% shape for $880.00. It's a nice watch.

AlphaOmega is going out of business and currently offering 20% off most watches, which in not a good deal. Wait a couple of weeks if you want to buy new. Perhaps we may see >40 % off. An Omega Seamaster at 35% off from an AD in doable.

ToddG Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Irighti View Post
    I recommend Timezone.com
    Seconded. Especially now, the prices are pretty reasonable for gently used (watch-speak for "it aint new but it aint been knocked around, neither") watches due to the generally state of the economy.

I've actually got a blue face non-Bond SMP that is 8yr old, recently polished and regulated, that I'm considering selling. If you're interested, drop me a PM.

Feedback Score
    Last edited by MIKE G; 05-06-17 at 15:08.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Looking for anything, this is a good place to start: http://www.elitedealseeker.com/index...tegory=watches

I have seen Omega SMPs on Watchnet, Timezone and WatchUSeek for an average around $1200-$1400. There is the occasional flyer down around a grand but 12-14 seems more reasonable and available. There are a couple of beauties on WatchUSeek right now that I might consider were I not hunting for a Sinn.

BTW that EliteDealSeeker site, while not perfect, also has a handy tool for searching various firearm for sale forums. I like it a lot as it beats my old routine of trolling 5-10 watch board and/or gun board sale forums every day. That gets to be a bit time consuming.
    Principles matter.

Feedback Score

I promised myself that I'd splurge on a Seamaster when I put on Chief. I almost always wear a G-shock with a Suunto button compass in the field.

I really should work on my background and lighting some more...LOL

Page 13 of 256 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast