Page 109 of 256 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119159209 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 2556

Thread: Watches

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by montanadave View Post
    Or how about a holster fashioned out of Billy Porter's footwear from Kinky Boots?
    I'm scared to Google that. Clubbing baby harp seals is probably safer than looking at pictures of whatever that is.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I'm scared to Google that. Clubbing baby harp seals is probably safer than looking at pictures of whatever that is.
    Not a big fan of musical theater, eh?

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    Fjallhrafn

I need to get a holster for my Wilson made out of something offensive.
    I recommend Elephant. Dirty hippies don't generally understand that most elephants killed legally are killed because they decided to step through the roof of a villager's house and then destroyed their crops - and not because some fat, old white 1%er decided his penis wasn't big enough.

" Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Silly question.

Why Lüm-Tec?

I ask primarily because my brother is a watch person (I'm not so much of one - I like watches in the same way I like cars: I appreciate the mechanics, engineering, workmanship, and sheer joy of ownership/operation. But I couldn't tell you who designed what engine in which car or how it's different from that same engine in a different car and all the episodes of Top Gear have not helped me with that much. Same thing with watches: ETA, Seiko, Miyota, Valjoux, and so forth mostly go over my head.) and he feels that Lüm-Tecs are niche watches of which their are better options for the money in the same niche and either way they are over-priced for the Miyota and Seiko/SII movements that power them. But worn&wound seems to like them well enough (and Archimede watches, which my brother also dislikes on the grounds of being boring - all brushed finishes, flat crystals, blah blah blah - but we all know from experience with firearms to be careful with positive "reviews" on the intardwebs) and most of the watch folk here seem to. So... why?

(I'm well aware that I should take my brother's advice with a grain of salt. I bought my Nomos without any input from him and rather liked it and he advised me against my Speedy Pro that I absolutely adore. But he seems to treat Miyota the same way I would, say, an M&P15 or an LE6920: Perfectly serviceable but not the best.)
    Last edited by MountainRaven; 08-12-14 at 00:04.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    Silly question.

Why Lüm-Tec?

I ask primarily because my brother is a watch person (I'm not so much of one - I like watches in the same way I like cars: I appreciate the mechanics, engineering, workmanship, and sheer joy of ownership/operation. But I couldn't tell you who designed what engine in which car or how it's different from that same engine in a different car and all the episodes of Top Gear have not helped me with that much. Same thing with watches: ETA, Seiko, Miyota, Valjoux, and so forth mostly go over my head.) and he feels that Lüm-Tecs are niche watches of which their are better options for the money in the same niche and either way they are over-priced for the Miyota and Seiko/SII movements that power them. But worn&wound seems to like them well enough (and Archimede watches, which my brother also dislikes on the grounds of being boring - all brushed finishes, flat crystals, blah blah blah - but we all know from experience with firearms to be careful with positive "reviews" on the intardwebs) and most of the watch folk here seem to. So... why?

(I'm well aware that I should take my brother's advice with a grain of salt. I bought my Nomos without any input from him and rather liked it and he advised me against my Speedy Pro that I absolutely adore. But he seems to treat Miyota the same way I would, say, an M&P15 or an LE6920: Perfectly serviceable but not the best.)
    I like lumtec for a few reasons, specfically that they listen to the customer base, they always want to satisfy so things like warranty of parts or the watch is never an issue (unless you open the crown under water and wonder it doesnt work anymore), all the designs are pretty contemporary and some are innovative. You can get a premium swiss movement, but itll cost you. I had a quarts from them a while back and that thing ran really well. The watches are always good to go out of the box, straps and bracelets options are usually available direct. Resale on them is not bad, especially on LE versions. The company is a US based watch company, which is rare, and when possible I always buy US made before anything else. On top of all that, there is some serious attention to detail as far as parts, machining and style.

Full disclosure, a good friend works for them, but I am a guy who has owbed many watches, Panerai, JLC, Omega, etc. I love my luntecs.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Silly question.

Why Lüm-Tec?

The Q is, why not? What better watches in the same niche for the $ are offered? They are very reasonably priced for what they are, whith good quality materials and decent movements. Personally, other than the Super Combat B1, I don't like the styling of their stuff, but they still represent an excellent value when compared to others.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    The Q is, why not? What better watches in the same niche for the $ are offered? They are very reasonably priced for what they are, whith good quality materials and decent movements. Personally, other than the Super Combat B1, I don't like the styling of their stuff, but they still represent an excellent value when compared to others.
    The Super Combat is HYOOGE. And I have rather more petite wrists than you do, I'm sure. I'm kinda eying the Combat B Bronze.

In any case, I asked my brother what he thought was better: And he listed Marathon GSARs and TSARs and Rescos. Rescos aren't what I'd call less expensive, though.
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    51 (100%)
    The Super Combat is HYOOGE. And I have rather more petite wrists than you do, I'm sure. I'm kinda eying the Combat B Bronze.

In any case, I asked my brother what he thought was better: And he listed Marathon GSARs and TSARs and Rescos. Rescos aren't what I'd call less expensive, though.
    I like my TSAR and plan to upgrade to the GSAR soon. I have however had the TSAR knock the battery loose twice....once a hard fall on ice this past winter and once when it fell from a counter onto tile floor. Both were pretty hard falls and only knocked the battery loose, it still keeps great time though!

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by steyrman13 View Post
    I like my TSAR and plan to upgrade to the GSAR soon. I have however had the TSAR knock the battery loose twice....once a hard fall on ice this past winter and once when it fell from a counter onto tile floor. Both were pretty hard falls and only knocked the battery loose, it still keeps great time though!
    After looking at the Marathons I just have to say this:

The GSAR/TSAR are a genuine, mil-spec, NSN-bearing watches. But they seem to lack a little in the aesthetic department compared to the Rescos and Lüm-Tecs.
    - Samuel Adams -

Page 109 of 256 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119159209 ... LastLast