Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: School me on the Sig Sauer P250

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kjdoski View Post
    ....However, after probably 15,000 rounds through it in a variety of training venues, I found myself consistently "short stroking" the trigger due to it's RIDICULOUSLY long reset. I think this was complicated by the very soft reset - the trigger springs are so soft that it almost feels like there's no resistance in either direction...

Regards,

Kevin
    Kevin, did you have stroke stroking issues all along, or did they start after a certain point?

Th reason I ask is that a guy over at the p250sig forum site has begun doing trigger work on 250s. He reports that many of the earlier/older guns he's worked on have noticeably weaker trigger bar springs in the FCU than later/newer guns, and that replacing said springs in the earlier/older guns usually results in a stronger reset.
    Last edited by oldtexan; 11-29-10 at 11:15.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by oldtexan View Post
    Kevin, did you have stroke stroking issues all along, or did they start after a certain point?
    I had troubles all along. Honestly, it was most likely a training failure, but, seeing as I carry my G19 when on OCONUS work, it just didn't make sense to keep on struggling with the different trigger systems...

Regards,

Kevin

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

It's a shame the execution wasn't better as the DESIGN points the way for future handgun design and manufacturing. The internal "chassis" concept is brilliant, it's fairly ergonomic and, if properly executed, would have been very profitable.

That said, I don't like the revolver trigger though it's probably perfectly adequate for someone who fires their pistol infrequently. There is a reflection of the front tritium post on the slide when peering through the rear sight. Proprietary rear sight design.

Bleh, it could have made an impact... The DESIGN CONCEPT (with modifications) will live on, however.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    Bleh, it could have made an impact... The DESIGN CONCEPT (with modifications) will live on, however.
    Couldn't agree more, I think it could have been a pretty decent pistol if someone like S&W or the old sig had put their brain power behind it. Or hell even a smaller company akin to Magpul and the development of the acr.

As it is though, the p250 is nothing more than a paperweight / dry-fire gun.
    "I can’t remember a mile in my life that was even mildly amusing"

Feedback Score
    I personally put 3000 rounds through mine before finally selling the replacement gun I got from Sig. It's not just internet rumor, they are total lumps of crap. Stay away! Not worthy of use as a door stop!

FTE at about 20%, FTF about 2%, a Double Feed (yes, a real one), all with 4 different magazines, and finally the barrel failing to lock up somehow during recoil and spraining my wrist in more than 3 directions (try holding a gyroscope at 1100fps, doctor had never seen anything like it and the inflammation showed on the X-ray).
    Last edited by kLewis; 11-29-10 at 21:29.
    The closest I get to being an operator is dialing "0".

Feedback Score
    Turd. Not worth whatever they cost these days, even if SIG is blowing them out at $299.

If SIG had used some type of pre-cocked hammer design like the LEM or DAK, that would have made a huge difference.

The fact that the pistol seems to have serious design reliability issues is the icing on the cake.
    Kein Mitleid Für Die Mehrheit
    What Happened to the American dream? It came true. You're looking at it.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    100 rounds of Federal 9BP hollow point through it so far. No malfunctions. Shooting is limited the next 2 weeks. I allow hunters in my field and don't want to ruin their hunt by shooting. I am not going to give this pistol my undivided attention because it is truly a range toy but I will keep shooting it and reporting on it.
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score

Good Experience

I've had a good experience with mine. Has had militec 1 as lube from early on and kept clean--perhaps this has made a difference?

Not one problem feeding with about 2k rounds. Many, many thousands of dry fire pulls. "Light" primer strikes on Swiss RWS Ammo. And maybe a couple of others on all other factory rounds. All went off with 2-4 pulls.

I also found it easier to be more accurate than the Glock 19. Much faster to reload. Easy ambi operation. Sizeable grip frames and the thin trigger are especially good for those with very short fingers or tiny hands. Hammer is great for added feedback and safety when shooting.

It is an excellent dry fire trainer with that trigger--perhaps the best out there. It teaches good habits and builds muscles. For the price tag it is worth that alone in my opinion.

Also some merit as a live fire trainer to help with trigger "patience."

John Farnam carries one so these guys here arent the only experiences. Would I take it over the Glock 19? When the chips are down--no way. Would I take it over most other guns out there that dont "speak" german--you bet.
    Last edited by Muzzy; 11-30-10 at 23:30. Reason: added militec 1 comment

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzzy View Post
    ...... Much faster to reload. .......
    Muzzy,

Could you expand on this? What is there about it that makes for the faster reload?

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    I have seen a number of these in teaching classes and only one has made it thru a class without multiple malfunctions. Neat concept but poorly excecuted. Plus why build a hammer fed pistol these days. They sit higher in the hand and add needless parts.

David Bowie
    Last edited by Bowie Tactical; 12-01-10 at 11:25.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast