Okay guys i'm new to the site, i've been looking at it awhile now reading and learning, but now i'm almost ready to buy my first AR. I have a complete RRA lower that this thing is going on so all i need is a complete upper or the parts to build one. I'm looking to build a tactical semi-kiss carbine. My plan is to put a leupold ar 1.5-4 on top with a larue qd mount, light and vertical grip on it, i'm wanting to use this for self-defense (SHTF)/coyote hunting (inside 200 yards - my .308 will handle the longer shots ) Anyway.....

I'm a lefty and i've shot right-handed ar's before and never had a problem with them. However i'm not very keen on getting gas/powder/brass thrown past my face. Also, it seems to me that it'd be a little bit easier to clear weapon malfunctions with a left handed ar using the same techniques that right handed users can use but reversed, am i wrong here?

So here are my options, stag left-handed model, i've seen the noveske rifles too but those might be out of my price range..... Also, i've been considering a piston driven ar as well, either stag or an adams arms upper, so before this starts getting slammed with why pistons are so bad, my real question about them is what's the reliability on them? Round counts issues everything..... I like the idea of having the gas vented out front of the gun instead of inside the receiver next to my face. I like the fact that adams arms uses stainless steel parts since then you don't have to worry about anything locking up which i know as long as you keep it oiled it'll be fine but "murphy" still exists. Has anyone used these systems? If i go that route it'll be with their complete upper. I've read the threads on why DI is better than piston so I don't really want to hear all that again, it's enough to make your head spin. I know that if you take care of your gear it'll take care of you. What i'm looking for is real advice from people that have owned, own, or have used the stag's and the adam's arms systems. I know there are better higher dollar rifles out there, these are what fall into the budget i'm looking at so just let me know what ya'll think and thanks in advance.